Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but I dont know where to relocate my tag...ther isnt much room under the tail...and i just can figure out where to put it...dammmit...someone heLP! Where/how can i remount my tag??? *doh*

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
I left two spots under the flap when I cut mine off.. Then I bent the plate and bolted it just under the tail light... It works good... it is still easy to see... and doe not look NEAR as bad as stock..

John

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
i have mine up ...up ...and away.............for the time being that is. I think im gonna relocate it, as the local authorities have begun to pay special attention to me (i guess runnin my plate)

i dont need no stinkin special attention.......

[ 07-12-2002, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: eSeMeS750WX ]

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Can you put the sticker on the fork? We do that with the dirtbikes...

John

·
Registered
146 Posts
no prob man, just make sure you take your time and make the shaved plastic look good

post pics when your done too!

[ 07-12-2002, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: ken7 ]

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
OK not near the trickness of you guy's but untill I get a undertail. If you look (at least on the 2001 gix750 fender) Remove the plate and holder, there is a raised section on both sides with a groove in them, almost goes all the way across with a little channel in each. Looks almost like they meant for the plate to go there? I cut mine up to that ridge, and I took a drill bit and opened those channels up (careful very soft) and then stuck my plate up as high as I could get it to the tail light. Clamp it and make sure it's level. Then mark your new holes to be, in the plate, mine are about 1 1/2 in's down from the original top holes in the plate. Easy and looks way better then stock! I swear guy's I will get a cam someday and post my bike pic's! Or try to borrow one? With my bills now I am just lucky to get fuel in her The thing's we do to have our toy's!

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
psycho..........wheres your can in these pix........it seems to be missing...........or is it one of those newer plexiglass ones??!!??LOLOLOL

scott

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
i have the new lite weight mini can which you cannot see in the pic because it is so amall and light weight it cannot be seen by the naked eye
actually this pic was taken last winter while i was working on other mods..notice i have no sprocket and chain either..lol..they too are invisible

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
i had mine where eSeMeS750WX has his untill i bought a new undertail and also got pulled over twice for having it there, os i moved it to where it is suppsoe to be mounted..well i still get pulled over but this time for my damn libertek led's go figure!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
allriiight...thanks for all the help guys..but I just realized that not only do I have to remount my plate but also my inspection sticker...I noticed that no1 else had one on, or that the STATE of TEXAS just makes us have these big retarded stickers instead of the small ones that should stick onto the plate...im guess i'll get creative and use everyones ideas and come up with a way to mount my own
i'll post pics up later tonight!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts