Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
...and holy shit that thing is sweet. It was a few firsts for me, the first time I'd ridden a three cylinder powered bike and the first time I'd ridden on full Ohlins suspension. I have been toying with the idea of moving to a naked bike next for the longest now and always wanted to try this thing out. I was bored last weekend so first I stopped at the Harley dealer and tried out a Road Glide and a Breakout 114 and frankly was disappointed by them both. Then my buddy and I sped off to Euro Cycles here in Orlando, a dealership that sells Triumph, BMW, Aprilia, and Ducati. One of the salesmen was kind enough to toss me the keys to the RS and my buddy the keys to the BMW K1600 which I had ridden in the past in the Grand America trim, also a very sweet machine.

Anyway the RS was amazing to say the least! The sound of the triple is intoxicating and encourages you to make it sing. Mind you it's every bit of a literbike so it doesn't take much to break the speed limit and my hooligan devil horns instantly started poking through my helmet as soon as I took off from the dealership. The seating position took me back to my dirtbike days and offers what seems like all day riding comfort. Besides the engine, what stood out for me was the Ohlins suspension that seemed to communicate EVERYTHING through the bars and seat. There was no shortage of feedback coming from the bike and I felt like it would be way more at home on a racetrack than the street. The Brembo brakes offered the stopping response and feel that my own bike wish it had! Brembo! Wow!!!

Back to the engine, the triple makes power everywhere. While not as outright violent as my Gixxer there is plenty of torque in the low to mid range and it all get's complicated by a buttery smooth up and down quickshifter. Overall I'd say it's an amazing machine and definitely get's my vote for anyone interested in this very different but still capable machine.

Attachments

·
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2,036 Posts
dude i stand by this still, the street triple is hands down the best road bike ever built, and the 765 just amplifies it.
you'd be amazed if you hit a track with one too, they're absolute dynamite.

im seriously contemplating the 765 as my next daily bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
8you4t
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing