Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
FALCONSFAN18
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a long time of sitting around doing nothing, ive gained a little bit of weight. Im 6'3 and 245 right now, got a bit of a gut and my arms have turned into twigs, all the while ive been smoking. In a couple of months im going to join the army and basic is going to kill me if i dont get in shape. So i'm going to start running but what more can i do than doing pushups and situps/crunches to get back into shape? I really want to be ahead of the game when i join so.. anyone have any advice?

·
It burns down where I sit
5,766 Posts
How old a fella are ya?

If you say 17-18, Ur one Big sumbitch early in the game.

Hit the pool! Swiming kicks fats ass and gets your cardio up all while not being over heated.

·
FALCONSFAN18
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
19, i swam for 12 years competitively for my neighborhood/school/and state. I know swimming would be a great way to get in shape seeing as how it usually takes me a month or so to tone up. Just wasn't sure if that was the right route to go for what im about to get myself into.

·
5,766 Posts
19, i swam for 12 years competitively for my neighborhood/school/and state. I know swimming would be a great way to get in shape seeing as how it usually takes me a month or so to tone up. Just wasn't sure if that was the right route to go for what im about to get myself into.
:punk

Lucky mofo being that big at 19!

I think I was 140 6'2" at 18. By the end of 19 I was 195, closing in on 200. :lmao

·
Banned
1,092 Posts
Man, 245 at 19 = 490 at 38 :eek:hmy

·
FALCONSFAN18
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont think ive grown in 2 years :punk :lmao A half an inch at the most. Kids are getting bigger these days though :wacko

So i guess i'll break out the speedo and goggles and get back at it :sleep

·
FALCONSFAN18
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Man, 245 at 19 = 490 at 38 :eek:hmy
By no means am i fat. When i say gut, it barely sticks out and isnt noticable until i take my shirt off :shifty My girlfriend says im in good shape but i know im not, especially since i've been in shape my whole life. Having any sort of gut makes me feel horrible :banghead

·
likes to put his frosting on frostyfire's back...
1,382 Posts
Bicycles are great too, I lost all my beer weight and everything once I hopped back on the bike.

·
Banned
1,092 Posts
By no means am i fat. When i say gut, it barely sticks out and isnt noticable until i take my shirt off :shifty My girlfriend says im in good shape but i know im not, especially since i've been in shape my whole life. Having any sort of gut makes me feel horrible :banghead
if you still can see your dick when you pee, you're not fat. :cheers

·
FALCONSFAN18
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bicycles are great too, I lost all my beer weight and everything once I hopped back on the bike.
Thats what i hear, a friend of mine is a cyclist and is begging me to get out there with him, i just dont have a bike!

if you still can see your dick when you pee, you're not fat.
Then im in the clear :cheers

·
X-TREEEME!!11!!ONEONE!
865 Posts
Sounds like you got the swimming thing on lock. So thats a plus. Also, P90X works wonders...Did for me anyway.
I was 6'4" weighing in at 260 when I was out of High School, was never fat though, just tall and lanky. I'm actually stronger now than I was in High School, but I weigh less?!?! P90X is weird...

·
5,766 Posts
Thats what i hear, a friend of mine is a cyclist and is begging me to get out there with him, i just dont have a bike!

Then im in the clear :cheers
Fuck the bike, I hate dealing with them around here...

And so much win at the pool. Chicks, No exspensive bike.... Chicks:dunno

·
likes to put his frosting on frostyfire's back...
1,382 Posts
Fuck the bike, I hate dealing with them around here...

And so much win at the pool. Chicks, No exspensive bike.... Chicks:dunno
Dealing with them? Pfff, :flipoff

And there are actually a lot of chicks, in ABQ anyway, that bike. Very hot ones, in fact.

·
Banned
21 Posts
DIET, It works. Not that 'eat this and you can sit on your ass'

Eat a good breakfast and lunch, Don't eat before bed, run early in the mornings. I went from 225 to 168

Work on your pull ups - dont do more than you have too, Basic training hasn't started yet so take it easy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Don't worry.just relax.I would suggest you to have only healthy diets and no junk foods.and do exercise everyday.And always have a heavy breakfast,moderate lunch and less dinner.this will help you to loss weight.

Buy Car Parts

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
9 Participants
suri33
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing