Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never again will I take my bike to the dealer to get work done. I really only took it in the 1st place for warranty issues I suppose, but holy shit. Controls, speedo and tank covered with overspray from whatever lubricant they were using on it. They ripped off my Tankslapper from the top and sides of my tank, I guess they thought my dumbass forgot to remove the factory plastic coating

And for all that I get charged $250 on top of it. Unbelieveable, never again. I got my service manual and I plan to use it.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
you could have ask us if its important or not....i bet everyone will say the same. All tey did was change engine oil and filter. use their nasty hands all over the place.
pressing the brakes? i think i could do that!

will only send bike if theres mechanical problems with my bike.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yea i took mine in and when i got it back, they f**ked with my suspension settings
, chain was in desperate need of adjustment and lube and my back wheel was off a notch so it was crooked
. There was pollen and dirt all over my bike like it was left outside for months. I was throughly upset with the service I got there needless to say.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Man, that sucks !!!!!

Where did you go for that service ( Location )???????
Motorcycle Mall.

And just before I left I was treated to the owner chewing out one of the workers for walking around in the back with a gas can in one hand and a cigarette in the other.

Like I said, I wasn't sure if there were some warranty liabilities with taking it to the dealer for 1st service so. But like I said, I have the service manual now and there will be no more of this non-sense unless it's something catastrophic wrong with it.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
And just before I left I was treated to the owner chewing out one of the workers for walking around in the back with a gas can in one hand and a cigarette in the other.

SPL, stay the f**k away from the place bro!!!

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did you explain that the Tank Slapper was SUPPOSED to be there (IDIOTS) and make them buy you a new one???

No, I didn't notice it until I was 1/2 way home. and at that point (whilst wiping off lube overspray from the dash and controls with my glove) I just said fuck it, I don't even want to go back and argue about it. Went home and ordered another. Would rather pay $20 and just not have to think about it.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
we charge about $150 here for a first service, about $100 if you bought it from us, parts and labor... $250 is way high, whats their labor rate? I'd do it myself too, just make sure you keep receipts for the oil and filter, and make a note of the date and mileage done, we had a hard time getting a extended warranty repair covered once because the guy did the first service himself and had no proof of it, we knew him personally so they ended up taking our word on it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.