Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the year 2002, it is getting a little harder to find an ......well lets just say an "80's" gsx-r. I have noticed (not suprisingly) 7 years ago,when I got my first bike, older gixxers were alot more common. When I went through the lame "hang out and pick up chicks stage" I can recall at least 4 out of ten bikes at the local hang out were old gixxers. That was in 1995 however......I really dont see many older gixxers in my town anymore. When I go to Louden.....I see many and it brings a smile to my face.

So how long will they be around? In 1986 how many gsx-r 750's and 1100's were shipped to the states? Are we getting to the point now that a mint old school gixxer's price will go up because they are very popular and getting harder to find? I think we are indeed getting to that point.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
The same here in Krautland. I got my 86 1100 a year ago and have not seen another one on the road for over 6 months. I guess this is cool as it will increase the value of my one.

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
I know of one other 750 and five 1100's that are 86/87 models here in the cnetral Wisconsin area. A couple are pretty ratty but there are two that are really cared for...I know of two other RG's here in town but one was for sale over the winter(don't know if he sold it) and the other is rumored to still be in a crate.

I called Suzuki USA last summer about my RG...It took a while but I got a phone call from some supervisor-type person. (it was when I was looking for paint codes) Suzuki's records show that 2400 750RG's were made. 1000 for the rest of the world and 1400 for the US.

I would guess that maybe 24,000 regular 750's were made and at least that number of 1100's.

That's my guess anyway.

·
3,476 Posts
I know of two other RG's here in town but one was for sale over the winter(don't know if he sold it) and the other is rumored to still be in a crate.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">So none of the RG's in your town run?
Seriously though; when is your dyno run?

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Originally posted by Ragnar:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> I know of two other RG's here in town but one was for sale over the winter(don't know if he sold it) and the other is rumored to still be in a crate.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">So none of the RG's in your town run?
Seriously though; when is your dyno run?
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The tuner will have repaired the Cali emission port problem today. I don't know if he's planning on putting it on the dyno for jetting tonight or tomorrow morning...

keep your fingers crossed that nothing else goes wrong.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
I have two of the five A/O GSXR's in Anchorage that I know of. There ar so few here that when I was at the dealer the other day some guy came up and was telling me how nice my 90 looked and was telling me about this weird looking older GSXR he saw... I asked a few questions and he was telling me about my 88.
Bones

·
Registered
36 Posts
Originally posted by Bones_GSXR:
I have two of the five A/O GSXR's in Anchorage that I know of. There ar so few here that when I was at the dealer the other day some guy came up and was telling me how nice my 90 looked and was telling me about this weird looking older GSXR he saw... I asked a few questions and he was telling me about my 88.
Bones
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Did he say anything about the weird looking rider on the weird looking bike?

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
A massive number of the oiler 1100s have been bought up by the guys racing in the mini sprints. They would buy the entire bike, strip out the drivetrain and sell the remains to the wreckers. Per the folks I keep up with on this shit, they are moving over to the water pumpers now as the oilers are pretty much gone. Mechanic I know broke his 1100 oiler down so as to capitalise on the 'boom'. Unfortunately, its gone bust since the oilers are so rare, so he sold enough to not have a bike, but still has the motor etc. SHIT eh what

·
Registered
159 Posts
It seems to be very different here in Australia.
I can barely go a day without seeing one. There
are always heaps for sale, in varying degrees of
condition. Don't you guys get any ideas though,
they are staying here.

Adrock.

·
Registered
364 Posts
hey adrock,
I was quoted $1500 Australian for a 750 f/g/h engine from Victoria m/c wreckers in MEL. Is this a tad on the expensive side? the engine supply over here is dry due to the speedway guys so what is available is basically top dollar. I'm heading over that way later in the year so will look around then(Don't worry I'm only visiting. I don't want to take all your jobs).

·
Registered
159 Posts
Kiwi,

That seems about right. My 1052 was $2000 from
the same mob. It sucks, the guys in the US have
lower prices but limited availabilty. We have
higher prices but lots of stuff, a lot comes
from Japan.

BTW. You can take the jobs, just leave the good
bikes alone.

Adrock.