Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I used to own an 07 but I sold it to buy an 08. It should be out in a few minutes. The 06 was a great bike except for all the broken frames. The 07 was lot better in that respect but everybody kept mistaking it for a v twin since it had two pipes. The new 08 not only has "true traction control" but it also comes with no exhaust at all to mimic the GSV-R MotoGP bike. I think Suzuki kicked Yoshimura out of the R&D part for the exhaust and instead chose to use hotbodies slash cuts. Because they are made from home water plumbing pipe and have nothing in them at all both the weight and the cost of the 08 is better than the 07. If you can find one I would suggest picking it up. Good luck with your decision.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
franklaw996 said:
I used to own an 07 but I sold it to buy an 08. It should be out in a few minutes. The 06 was a great bike except for all the broken frames. The 07 was lot better in that respect but everybody kept mistaking it for a v twin since it had two pipes. The new 08 not only has "true traction control" but it also comes with no exhaust at all to mimic the GSV-R MotoGP bike. I think Suzuki kicked Yoshimura out of the R&D part for the exhaust and instead chose to use hotbodies slash cuts. Because they are made from home water plumbing pipe and have nothing in them at all both the weight and the cost of the 08 is better than the 07. If you can find one I would suggest picking it up. Good luck with your decision.
LMAO:wacko

·
Registered
118 Posts
franklaw996 said:
Gotta love a forum where newer members can walk into the room and shit all over the floor!!

Whatever.... at least it was kinda entertaining.

·
Registered
25 Posts
sockethead said:
Gotta love a forum where newer members can walk into the room and shit all over the floor!!

Whatever.... at least it was kinda entertaining.
New to the site been riding/racing for over 20 years. I guess I was being a smartass because there is no way unless your last name is Spies or Mladin that anybody besides test riders have ever ridden an 07 yet.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Faster than U said:
Just wondering if anyone has ridden them both.
How are they different? Better? Not better areas?

dude what in the hell are u smoking... the '07 doesnt come out till march of next year....but like franklaw996 said the '08 are even cooler and faster.:biggrin

·
Registered
317 Posts
NOS4U said:
dude what in the hell are u smoking... the '07 doesnt come out till march of next year....but like franklaw996 said the '08 are even cooler and faster.:biggrin
Pfffft! Go for the 09, got mine five minutes ago. 250rwhp, weighs 150 kilos

·
Registered
730 Posts
Fadge said:
Pfffft! Go for the 09, got mine five minutes ago. 250rwhp, weighs 150 kilos
..and probably has 4 exhausts.:cheers

·
Registered
386 Posts
I do believe that we have a few members that are involved in the development of future products for the K7 and others that live in parts of the world where they get these bikes 1-2 months before we do.

It would be a long shot being that is only October, buy maybe they would get first oportunity to tell us what the new bike is like (i.e. JeffW, the guys from South Africa, or the guy who does R&D for brake lines/rotors in Santa Barbara, CA -- Sorry, I'm bad at recalling names)

Oh, and it would be the '09 before they revamp the newly released '07.

Sad when you have to filter out all the childish posts to get some good content :(

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Cant wait to pick mine up in March. I swear Im going to un-crate that beeotch myself. Dropped my deposit on Wed. :)

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
lol

·
Registered
220 Posts
shit i got all you guys faded. i got the new 3025 1k. its able to travel through time, so i can just warp to the finish line before you even start, or i can travel back and just destroy your ride while its still being assembled. good luck rollin on this motha! :punk

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What a bunch of fuckin assholes!
Read some magazines, talk to people.
There have been a bunch of talk about the 07...just not here. I thought maybe some of you may have some more info but as usual NOT.
Over and out.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.