Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
damm sneaky cops...but really, there are many better places to speed than a construction zone.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Waaaaah.
I got caught breaking the law. It must be the sneaky cop's fault that I can't control my right wrist ... or can't face the penalty for my intentional actions.

sheesh.

immature riders

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Originally posted by dinoracer:
Waaaaah.
I got caught breaking the law. It must be the sneaky cop's fault that I can't control my right wrist ... or can't face the penalty for my intentional actions.

sheesh.

immature riders
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Oh yeah... we *mature* riders always do the speed-limit.

when it can't go any faster, that's the limit, right? ???

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Originally posted by FastCat:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by dinoracer:
Waaaaah.

sheesh.

immature riders
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Oh yeah... we *mature* riders always do the speed-limit.

when it can't go any faster, that's the limit, right? ???

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Here we only have two seasons, winter & construction.

I'm with you. My 115hp won't get me more than 75 on the interstate.

But I do have a problem with entrapment. Maybe I'm interpreting the article incorrectly but I don't get the impression they're lasering speeders in actual construction zones in an effort to protect actual workers...and I quote...

"The speeder got a $159 ticket. And he's lucky -- if construction workers had been present at the time, the fine would have doubled to $318."

Speeding is speeding, but if they really want to get the word out they should be writing those $318 tickets. People would take construction zones more seriously here if they did that. But we don't have motorcycle cops here so it is easy to spot a cruiser.

·
Registered
19 Posts
That article is from right in my back yard. They always use some sneaky trick. One is to put empty trooper cars along the middle of the road to cause a braking chain reaction. Or hide use past a overpass out of view. My best bet has always been ride smart. Watch your butt around exits. 95 is the main drag down to Daytona, so I've done my share of drives up and down it. Not one problem. Now in Daytona is a different story.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Alaska pass the same type of law here 2 years ago that doubles the fines in road work areas. They will even leave the signs up on weekends and holidays when the works are not there because as it is posted as a work zone the double fines still stick. This also doubles the fines in a school zone and I have seen the lights flashing for a school zone flashing on holidays too.
On a better note they found that the "Photo Radar" is not allowed because the ticket is written by a computer not a Police Officer.
They also had problems proving who was operating the vechicle.
I never have to worry about this because I NEVER exceed the speed limit.

Bones

[ 08-15-2002, 01:18 AM: Message edited by: Bones_GSXR ]

·
Registered
56 Posts
Entrapment is when I say, "Hey, wanna buy some pot?" and then I bust you. Or "Wanna fuck for money?" and then I bust you. This should stop some of the idiot drivers out there. I speed like the rest of you, but they should set the limits properly and enforce them to +5 MPH. 55 MPH? Come on, these roads like I-95 were designed for cars to do 75MPH in the 60s and 70s. With technology today, they could easily be set there with no ill effects.

·
Registered
124 Posts
OK,
I just posted the link cause I found it amusing that they were using this technique. I don't usually speed that much so I just thought it was funny. If I get a ticket for breaking the law and I'm guilty I pay it, no prob. If I get a ticket issued incorrectly, I will fight it and have won some and lost some.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I'm sure cops all over the U.S. do this same thing...Do we want to protect workers along the road..YES, of course we do...Do cops want to write lots of tickets to raise revenue and fill quotas...YES they do.

I know this could be argued for a long time, but we gotta slow down in construction areas and we gotta take our medicine(tickets) if we get busted, cause COPS AIN'T GONNA CHANGE!
TICKETS

7_11, THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP, SURE THEY ARE DOING THIS IN MY AREA TOO...WILL KEEP MY EYES OPEN!!

[ 08-18-2002, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: Robbo ]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts