Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
all righty... i put the Slick 50 fuel treatment in the bike last nite... and it started fine, runds really good...

but when we went for a ride last nite, my buddy noticed that i was puffing smoke from the exhaust. Now the smoke's white / bluish color...

could this be from the additive or did i fuck the engine up?

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
its the additive burning bro, its ok it will go away, it does this when u do fuel treatments on cars as well. dont worry...100 miles it will be gone

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
I remember when I was a kid, we had this old car that my dad would work on every week to keep it running. He used Slick 50 and within 2 days the motor was scrap.

Now, it may have been a co-incidence, but he always blamed Slick 50 for it, and it's put me off too.

That and the scientific reports proving it does no good whatsoever

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
wheres the post i did on this?????????

anyway

bottom line is STAY AWAY from additives for these utlra-high perfromance motors....itll do more harm than good...

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
write the following 300 times on the blackboard, young man:

I WILL NEVER USE OIL ADDITIVES EVER AGAIN

there is no valid, objective, scientific data that shows that oil additives do anything beneficial....in fact, they can even do harm.

a good motor oil will have all of the additives you'll ever need, so don't waste your money on scams like slick50, motorup, duralube, etc.

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
whoops - you said 'fuel treatment'.

i think it's my turn to write 'I WILL READ THINGS PROPERLY IN THE FUTURE' 300 times on the blackboard.

[ 06-17-2002, 08:50 AM: Message edited by: jeff ]

·
Registered
553 Posts
Dan uk sounds right, you probably just put too much in the tank. It'll clear after a while.

Did you put the stuff in before filling, or shake the tank around afterwards..?? You may just be getting too concentrated mix of the stuff....

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by jeff:
whoops - you said 'fuel treatment'.

i think it's my turn to write 'I WILL READ THINGS PROPERLY IN THE FUTURE' 300 times on the blackboard.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA...

i thought i was in trouble there for a minute...

"it was like that when i got here"

·
Registered
168 Posts
U know what Suzuki makes their own fuel injection cleaner. Just put in 1/3 per every full tank. I wouldnt use automotive stuff on bikes personaly.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Wouldn't worry too much about the smoke.
That's what fuel additives do.
They get in there and break down carbon deposits etc. from your valves etc. and burn them away.
I used Redex on mine when I started noticing a little spluttering from about 10k up. 2 tanks later and it was running like a dream.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hmmmm .....doesnt the oil treatment harm the clutch??? It over lubes the plates and they slip...then burn up ??? I thought I seen this in a mag some where!!

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
again WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts