Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was driving along when the bike hiccuped and stoppped revving, just putting along, looked back and smoke oil was coming everywhere. Stopped right away, noticed that oil was all over, to include the upper right side of the frame (the side where the crankcase breather sits). Took everything apart, I think that the crank case breather puked oil since I couldn't see anything leaking oil. The bike revves up, but like shit and smoke comes out of the exhaust, but no oil leak, didn't rev it past 3k or 4k, gun shy now.
Is there anything wrong inside? Rings, valves, etc? Or is it just oil that came up and got into the carbs, etc, meaning I have something clogged up. I'm due for an oil/ filter change...
As always, seeking the fellow gixxer guy's help...

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
First you should do a compression test and a leak down if you can.. You may have a stuck ring..

John

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
To fix a stuck ring you can pull the head and block and put new rings in the motor... Hone the block and put it all back on... It isnt hard and can be done in the bike if you like... But I think it saves you a lot of work to pull the motor.

Anyhow... You need to find the problem before to worry about rebuilding it.

John

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Yea I just un hook the wirs and the hoses... The motor will come out as one unit... You dont have to take off any covers. It make it much less work to work on the motor.

John

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Do a compression test before you pull the motor...

John

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Pull the plug and see if they are black, or if one looks different from the rest... That can tell you a lot.

John

1 - 13 of 13 Posts