Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 04 gsxr-600, bought it new last year. I just got a Yosh RS3 bolt on for it yesturday and put it on last night. There are no leaks or anything just wondered about the little hole on the bottom side on the front of the can, some smoke is coming out of it when it is sitting at idle speed. Just wondering if this is normal. BTW this is my first bike so not much experiance with aftermarket stuff.

Thanx for any help.

·
Registered
169 Posts
This happened to my full system as well. I was told that it is normal, and that i needed to put some miles on the pipe. It went away in like 600 700 miles of riding. So just ride, if it gets really bad, like a very large amount of blueish/black smoke take it in to your dealer or wherever you get it serviced...

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
I have a 04 gsxr-600, bought it new last year. I just got a Yosh RS3 bolt on for it yesturday and put it on last night. There are no leaks or anything just wondered about the little hole on the bottom side on the front of the can, some smoke is coming out of it when it is sitting at idle speed. Just wondering if this is normal. BTW this is my first bike so not much experiance with aftermarket stuff.

Thanx for any help.
It is normal for the hole on the can (near where the can bolts on the midpipe) to have a tiny bit of exhaust (pressure) coming out of it. That hole is designed to do that; you have nothing to worry about. Later,

·
Registered
637 Posts
aftermarket exhausts dont have that hole, but the smoking is coming from the coating they put on it at the exhaust factory so it does not sit there and rust while waiting to get shipped, so it will burn off after a while and will stop the smell also

·
Registered
37 Posts
hey how do you like the sounds compared to the stock.. was it was worth it?

cant decide if i want a full or bolton. im not really looking for more power, but im hating the stocker sound.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts