Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
3,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't seen the '85 yet, but I'm happy to find the Nov '91 Cycleworld with my favorite bike of all time! I cut up my copy like 10 years ago to hang them on my wall and they have been nearly destroyed through many moves!:biggrin

Attachments

·
3,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
gixxer_05 said:
you guys have magazines older than I am lol I started raising hell in 87. not tryin to make you feel old or anything lol:biggrin :cheers
'87?, then I've been riding since you were still in liquid form!:biggrin Worse than that really, I bought my third bike in '85!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Ragnar said:
'87?, then I've been riding since you were still in liquid form!:biggrin Worse than that really, I bought my third bike in '85!
no matter what the age though most guys never really grow up lol. the toys just get bigger,badder and cost more money lol, it goes from lego, hot wheels, mini tool kits, 2 full sized cars, motorbikes, and all the other fun toys :cheers

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
gixxer_05 said:
you guys have magazines older than I am lol I started raising hell in 87. not tryin to make you feel old or anything lol:biggrin :cheers
:cheers FWIW,
<<< sig pic taken when you were 3 (and the bike was 4) :D

·
Registered
545 Posts
jpnjim said:
:cheers FWIW,
<<< sig pic taken when you were 3 (and the bike was 4) :D
Nice dude, good times good times lol :punk I love the looks of the older gixxers. all my buddies hate them, but for some reason to me they are good looking bikes lol. one day when I have some extra cash hopefully find one in good shape and pick it up

·
Premium Member
10,492 Posts
gixxer_05 said:
no matter what the age though most guys never really grow up lol. the toys just get bigger,badder and cost more money lol, it goes from lego, hot wheels, mini tool kits, 2 full sized cars, motorbikes, and all the other fun toys :cheers
Airplanes deserve an honorable mention here... :D

·
3,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
long_av8r said:
Airplanes deserve an honorable mention here... :D
Yeah major $. I've resorted to just borrowing them:D.

'86 Gix, did you lose a bike to water damage too?:sad

Got the mags today. The '85 is an endurance test....havent read the whole thing, but they ran the bikes flat out for 24 hours! I'd like to scan it in if anyone is interested, but you'll have to be patient.....I think it's unfinished project #1001;)

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
I was going through my bike stuff today and found an old Suzuki GSXR brochure from 1992.

·
3,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
long_av8r said:
Watch out - that can be dangerous. Lat time I found an old brochure it was for an 88 Slingshot. I'll be damned if I didn't start buying parts to put one together.:scared
No kidding. That mag with the 1340 is gonna cost me a ton! I found the Yosh cams, and a Duplex for it a while back......nothing for this will be cheap!:D

I don't have the bike yet.....just parts. What is yours going to be?...750 Track bike right?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.