Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
07 750 cranks really slow. I always have the trickle charger on the bike, I only ride it a few times a week. When I hit the starter the bike cranks really slow..more often than not it will not start. After a few tries it will eventually fire up. Once running it idles and drives fine. I replaced the battery, stator and rectifier a few months back. The battery is at 12.5v when the bike is off and climbs to 14ish when running so I dont suspect a charging issue. If I shut it off and try to restart I am getting the same slow crank issue. It happens when cold and hot. Thinking starter or starter ground? Any ideas? Thanks in advance!!

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,782 Posts
Check the connectors on all cables to and from the starter, which includes the solenoid. You could also measure the battery voltage when it's slow cranking. If that's OK, try the same thing at the starter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Figured out the issue. There was no gasket on the stator cover. Pulled it apart today, new gasket and no more issues. Hard to believe the thickness of the gasket would cause this much of an issue...thanks for the help!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts