Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i over cooked a corner on some local twisties and down geared from 3rd to 2nd and the back tire just locked up and sent me off the road, i kept it up but even when i got it stopped it was still locked up....i thought the slipper was put in there to stop that problem???????

·
Registered
9 Posts
By any chance were you coming from 3rd to 2nd?

Mine locks up on both upshifts and down shifts from 2nd to 3rd and from 3rd to 2nd. And not necessarily at WOT, but even at putt-putt speeds.

Next time it happens, take a look at the clutch cable arm on the engine case. Mine was not returned to the detent stop and the cable was buckled. I put force on it and rocked the bike back and forth in gear until it went "ka-chunk"

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i was goin to 2nd from 3rd and it locked up, hell my R6 dont do that shit

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what the f*ck are you talking about? you might want to look at the name before you talk shit and make sure that you are talkin to the right person

·
Registered
56 Posts
thanks for the info thats good to know. glad your ok but I dont know, Im hardly ever in 2nd gear in the twisties. I actually avoid 2nd gear and keep in 3,4,5. Ive alway run into rear wheel chatter when Im in 2nd so I just avoid it.

BTW: when the slipper is working correctly whats if feel like? no back torque or some?

·
Premium Member
73,384 Posts
maybe the clutch isn't adjusted correctly? that doesn't seem like the right thing to be happening.

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts
what the f*ck are you talking about? you might want to look at the name before you talk shit and make sure that you are talkin to the right person
Hmmmm your history tells me otherwise..... ooops... Junior Comedian in action

There are so many bogus users and postings at gixxer.com it is an epidemic. From the 12yr old questions to the negative comments about the GSXR. Too bad this could be a descent site otherwise.

HAvE fUn KiDs.... Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

·
Registered
357 Posts

There are so many bogus users and postings at gixxer.com it is an epidemic. From the 12yr old questions to the negative comments about the GSXR. Too bad this could be a descent site otherwise.

It seems they must be bored, maybe mommy took his playstation away.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

why cant you just read the post and if you have any knowledge about the subject then help them out and not just be a f*cking cock and try to find something to talk shit about, you are the kind of person that makes this fourm suck not anybody else

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
come on guys...hes got problem with his bike . we coulfd help or just steer away from it. hes got problem to solve and adding more tension is just not being nice.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
come on guys...hes got problem with his bike . we coulfd help or just steer away from it. hes got problem to solve and adding more tension is just not being nice.
thanks man, this forum ain't lost yet there are still some cool people on here

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts
Are you kidding me? Do you really believe this joker?

Have fun kids.

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts

why cant you just read the post and if you have any knowledge about the subject then help them out and not just be a f*cking cock and try to find something to talk shit about, you are the kind of person that makes this fourm suck not anybody else
Because your full of
and you would rather play games than be an honest person with actual issues. You get off on being a joker using many different names along with a few other members on this board who are in on it and play along.... so if the moderators allow it or they are actually involved then enjoy yourselves while you can. Your only hurting yourselves and this website.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
its called a back torque LIMITING clutch, in other words it limits chatter/lock up, doesn't let you ride like an idiot and make up for your mistakes

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
so just because i am an idiot thats why by tire locked up? it dont have anything to do with the bike hu?

·
Premium Member
73,384 Posts
i still say re-adjust the clutch.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts