Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, I have just ordered a devil slip on. I have noticed the exhaust valve on the stock exhaust right by the joint. do i just simply remove the valve and disconnect the connection there? i have heard that a wire has to be cut to disable this valve. i have also heard that a cpu flash is required. how does everyone go by doing this when installing a slip on?

i have heard that a reprogramming or a power commander is required. is this true?

I would appreciate the help.

thanks in advance,
kyung

·
Registered
15 Posts
Most manufacturers will tell you that a PowerCommander or any other re-flash is not required for a slip-on. However, in the next breath they will tell you it is recommended. Dynojet told me that their PC will help more with driveability than full-throttle power. That is straight from the horse's mouth.
If it were mine, we're taking about roughly $250 for piece of mind (and perhaps better driveability) for your $11,000 investment. I wouldn't hesitate if I were you.

As far as the exhaust valve, it will come off with the stock muffler. What you will have left is the servo motor under the seat. It will set off your FI light unless you disconnect the appropriate wire. My Akropovic came with a little "limiter" to attach to the servo instead of taking it all the way out. This makes the computer think the valve is still there and all is well. This probably preserves the diagnostic function of this section of the computer (versus total removal of the servo and defeating the FI light by removing/cutting it).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts