Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone with just a slip-on...what map are you using? i finally got around to getting a power commander but there isn't a two brothers map out yet or that i know of. i see on there site there are maps for a micron & arrow slip on but thats it. would one of these work or be better than nothing? i don't have any options locally for custom tuning that i am aware of and i would like to atleast get something done.

thanks

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
I have a TRS slip-on. The guy at DynoJet told me the map for the Arrow would be fine until they either make one for the TRS or I get a custom map done.

It definately runs cleaner and stronger with the Arrow map, so yes use that map rather than the stock or stock revised. People on here said it runs worse with those two.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have the Leo Vince factory race slip-on and the Micron map runs stronger thru the middle. I tried the Arrow and it was a little lean near the bottom. Riding before the bike was above 150F and it would sputter as the throttle was rolled on. A nice feature of the program is the map compare.
I will end up with a custom map in the future, because neither seems perfect. Try them both..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i installed to power commander and tried both the micron and arrow maps. the bike seems to run better but still stalls out on me a couple times during cold startup. does anyone no where i could go get a custom tune done at? i don't have any options locally that i am aware of and i have no problem putting it on the trailer and going on a road trip. any help would be great!

thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
well i installed to power commander and tried both the micron and arrow maps. the bike seems to run better but still stalls out on me a couple times during cold startup. does anyone no where i could go get a custom tune done at? i don't have any options locally that i am aware of and i have no problem putting it on the trailer and going on a road trip. any help would be great!

thanks
Just want to update. I'm using the Arrow map with the Leo Vince Race slip-on on the K5. I had the same stalling and lean running just off idle.

Finally used the fine tuning buttons on the PC. Increased the Low rpm range fuel by 8%. The stalling is cured and runs much stronger in the 0 to 25% throttle range.

Only a custom map will cure most of the 2-3000 rpm rough spot. Some more tweaking is in order.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cool man thanks for the update. i don't know much about tuning for bikes so im going to stay away from making any adjustments my self. it doesn't run bad but i know it could be better....hopefully i'll get something worked out for a custom tune.

·
Registered
82 Posts
cool man thanks for the update. i don't know much about tuning for bikes so im going to stay away from making any adjustments my self. it doesn't run bad but i know it could be better....hopefully i'll get something worked out for a custom tune.
The user guide explains the procedure for the fine tuning buttons. Not much to it. I increased the fuel, so rich=safe. I started with 6% and settled on 8% for now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts