Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got Paul's 92 GSX-R1100 slingshot carbs fitted to my 86 GSX-R750--it freakin runs great! I installed a Yoshi pipe, K&N pod filters, and a Factory jet kit in the stock carbs back in 94 and it ran like crap no matter what I did to the jetting.

After getting advice from this group, I bought Paul's slingshot carbs. Paul included his 1100 intake boots and K&N pod filters. The boots bolted right on to my 750. The carbs had a Dynojet jet kit (for the 1100) installed and after checking the Dynojet website, I found out the only difference between the jet kits for the 88-89 750 slingshots and the 92 1100 slingshots is the emulsion tubes and main jets.

I installed the recommended main jets and set the idle screw per the Dynojet instructions, then went one needle-clip position lean to compensate for the larger 1100 emulsion tubes. The 1100 K&N filters were a little too big to fit normally (made frame contact), but someone on this list suggested bending the filters into a trapizoidal shape and they would fit, it worked. I also had too much throttle cable slack (with both adjusters maxed out) with the new carbs. I opened up the throttle grip and saw that there are two slots to insert the throttle cable end. I moved the cable end to the higher slot and that solved the slack issue.

I can't believe how well the bike runs. The carburation is perfect--I thought I was going to have play with the carb settings but these slingshots are super. Thanks again for all your help guys.

Rob Robinette
86 GSXR-750 (original owner)

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Did you do anything to the valve head at the intake? I ask only because the 750 has smaller intakes than the 1100's intake boots. Do you follow me? Where the intake boot and the valve head meet there's this 90 degree lip disrupting intake airflow. I'm putting 38mm carbs on a 92 750 head (which take the 38's stock) but I thought about getting my 86 head ported for the larger diameter...not worth the time/money when I found the 92 head for $100.

I guess if it works don't jack with it. Are you gonna get it dynoed?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.