1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Colt Mustang Pocketlite .380 -stainless w alum frame
Springfield Armory V-10(ported) Ultra compact .45-parkerized w alum frame
Ruger full size SR1911 .45-all stainless

·
Registered
183 Posts
Nice little selection ya have there. I sold my 1911 a while back and have been kicking myself since. I'm also looking to get another. Probably kimber or Sig, can't decide

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Speaking of Mr Browning.. I did have a nice Belgium Browning Hipower with factory adjustable sites for about 25 years. Also added an aftermarket safety and removed the magazine disconnector. This made a huge difference in trigger pull, as well being able to fire the weapon while there's no mag in it. Alas, I gave it and 5 mags to my son about 7-8yrs ago when he turned 21 as a legacy gun. That was one slick fast shooting gun.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
So stoked I inherited a BHP from my grandpa, can't wait to get my hands on it and put some rounds through it. Illinois processed my application months ago for my firearms identification card, and I still haven't received it. Thanks to this administration's bullshit, Illinois received 200% the normal amount of applications, somewhere around 55,000 apps, just for the month of January.

·
Sirijus Indelxsjul Diskushuns Onley
5,094 Posts
So stoked I inherited a BHP from my grandpa, can't wait to get my hands on it and put some rounds through it. Illinois processed my application months ago for my firearms identification card, and I still haven't received it. Thanks to this administration's bullshit, Illinois received 200% the normal amount of applications, somewhere around 55,000 apps, just for the month of January.
:suicide I can't believe you haven't gotten to shoot that thing yet. That would drive me crazy.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
:suicide I can't believe you haven't gotten to shoot that thing yet. That would drive me crazy.
Trust me, it is/has. The fact that I CANT obviously makes it the thing I want to do most lately. I check the mail everyday with real, child-like hope and prayer.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts
:lmao :cheers

Been looking at 1911s myself lately :shifty
They're fun, I had a 1942 Remington-Rand made 1911 for many years. Mostly stock except for grips & springs. It was a lot of fun to shoot. I ended up giving it to my brother about 10 years back. I always thought it was cool how well the thing ran for being so old, kind of like me.

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,126 Posts
They're fun, I had a 1942 Remington-Rand made 1911 for many years. Mostly stock except for grips & springs. It was a lot of fun to shoot. I ended up giving it to my brother about 10 years back. I always thought it was cool how well the thing ran for being so old, kind of like me.
:biggrin

Yeah, I've shot quite a few 1911s from WW2 vintage to new Kimbers - just never owned one :dunno

1 - 16 of 16 Posts