Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are Sims & Rohm still around?If so,does anyone have a site for there stuff?In 87' they had a bad 1255 kit for the gsxr,I have some of there goodies,but I purchased them back in 86'/87'..A long time ago!

------------------
86'JoeyGSXR1100R,soup2nutz,sprayed like a subway,blinging w/chrome,old skool!Doing wheelies from da' begining & never putting it down!Harlem Crew..

·
Registered
5 Posts
You axed the right guy. Sims and Rohm is no more. Billy Rohm is now the owner of Rohm Performance Machine in Yuba City, CA. He's still the King Daddy of oil-cooled GSXR motors and would love to hear from you. His number is (530) 674-9123. One of the nicest guys you'll ever talk to. Even if you don't know exactly what you're looking for, he can help. Unfortunately, the RPM web site has been shuttered due to Dynojet ceasing to host web pages, and Billy has yet to get another host. Here are a couple of things you can ask about for your 1100:

Adjustable ignition trigger. Precision machined trigger wheel which allows you to adjust the timing as required to find best torque instead of a random setting some dopefetcher at Factory dreamed up.

Line-Right Tool. Allows perfect rear wheel alignment with the swingarm pivot.

Big Bore kit. Want to casually walk away from 929s? Like the idea of whipping an R1 like a rented mule? There's no replacement for displacement.

Enjoy!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Beeno (edited 02-07-2001).]

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
I thoght that Joe Marasco was the "King of oil-cooled GSXR's" I guess RPM has a 7-second street bike also? I doubt it. If you want a fast R then call Franco's Performance in Mt. Vernon he'll hook you up.

------------------

·
Banned
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a fast 86'1100,

just need a couple of parts

where in Mt.Vernon?

------------------
"Joey-Red"
TWIN CYCLES
3 Bruckner blvd
Bronx,N.Y.10454
(718)292-TWIN

·
Banned
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by oldgixxer:
I thoght that Joe Marasco was the "King of oil-cooled GSXR's" I guess RPM has a 7-second street bike also? I doubt it. If you want a fast R then call Franco's Performance in Mt. Vernon he'll hook you up.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
where in Mt.vernon

------------------
"Joey-Red"
TWIN CYCLES
3 Bruckner blvd
Bronx,N.Y.10454
(718)292-TWIN

·
Registered
9,174 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joey-GSXR1100:
Are Sims & Rohm still around?If so,does anyone have a site for there stuff?In 87' they had a bad 1255 kit for the gsxr,I have some of there goodies,but I purchased them back in 86'/87'..A long time ago!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sims and Rohm are still around...just not as a team. I've dealt with Billy Rohm quite estensively (he turned my meak little gixxer 750 into a fire breathing 955!) and can tell you that I agree with Joey GSX-R 1100 in that he is the absolute KING of old school gixxers! He is also one of the brightest and nicest guys you are likely to find in motorcycling. Give him a call. (530) 674-9123.

------------------

·
Registered
0 Posts
I own a 1987 1100 and the motor is going to Billy Fri. to get the upgrades it needs, big bore kit,actually hes totally rebuilding it for me.And he is one of the nicest guys I've dealt with. If you have a question, he'll answer it.

------------------

1 - 7 of 7 Posts