Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, I am new to the forum and have a Sims & Rohm - Supercharger. Can anyone tell me a little more about these things?
I have had it for a while and never used it.
........................................................................................................................................................................
I had one of those on a land speed Gixxer 750 I ran at Bonneville back in 2005 +6. Your kit looks like it is missing the micro adjuster for the belt fitted on the crank. That is essential to fix the belt coming off all the time. Also the carb manifold looks home made. Mine came with a big dual choke Mikuni ... a copy of the Weber carb, that fitted neatly between the seat rails. I think is that is what Andrew originally designed for the kit. I ran the bike with nitrous injectors fitted between the blower and the head. The bike sounded absolutely wicked!
First year I ran the bike it would pull 170 mph on the blower alone, a 30 horse nitrous shot pushed the bike up to 210 mph and then an outer piston let go. Lean seizure. The bike ran through the trap at 168 mph with a hole in number 4 piston and set the MPS-BG record. Not bad for 550cc's dragging one leg!
Back in impound Terry Kinser of Kinser fuel injection came up to me and told me Andrew never solved the issue of the bike running lean on the outer cylinders. The problem is the intake charge tends to go through the blower in a linear column, thus leaving the outer cylinders starving for fuel.
The next year I tried to get around the problem by running the nitrous injectors on the outer cylinders with really fat jets on the gasoline. Unfortunately the track was really rough and I had a nitrous solenoid jam on which fried all my exhaust valves. I never ran the bike again and sold the blower kit shortly afterwards.
Hope this helps!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts