Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rectifier is still in the stock location. To move to to the side of the bike, is there enough slack in the cable, or do I have to re route the cable. Also I have 7k miles on the bike and everything is working fine, should I just move it or should I get a new one?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wasn’t sure if having some miles on it in the stock spot would hurt it enough to make it worthwhile to get a new one.

Is the cable going to be okay from the heat in going around the side like that?

·
Registered
106 Posts
My rectifier is still in the stock location. To move to to the side of the bike, is there enough slack in the cable, or do I have to re route the cable. Also I have 7k miles on the bike and everything is working fine, should I just move it or should I get a new one?
to answer your question you can make enough slack, What you would end up doing and moving the wires that attach to the harness to the side of the bike instead towards the front near the radiator. You will need to remove the airbox todo it right so you know you know the harness is on something hot. I just did mine with a Racetech Mosfit and it came with a stator for about 100bucks shipped for both. No issues and voltage is very steady.

·
Registered
14 Posts
There's a lot of companies that make just a bracket for relocation. It's also a simple DIY to make one as well. Plenty of cable to move it. I would relocate it and enjoy a stock one lol. I had one light up on me when I was riding one time

1 - 5 of 5 Posts