Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
well, that would usually result in a vacuum leak.
Are you having some specific problems? You might get better answers if you do!

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,172 Posts
As described above, the cylinders would draw part of the air via the leak, resulting basically in a leaner charge, as some of it would be unmetered and unfueled. The proportion and hence the final AFR would depend on the throttle opening, as a closed throttle would result in more restriction in drawing air through the throttle body an hence more fresh air through the leak. In short you'd be having lean conditions getting worse as the throttle closes and being perhaps fine at WOT.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, so the issue is this...

When the bike is idle, it runs perfectly fine and revs fine when I open the throttle but on the speedometer the needle shakes a little for some reason (like it fluctuates between 2000 and 22000 rpms at idle). When the bike is in gear, it runs but once I open the throttle it sputters. I changed the fuel pump, plugs and coils. Someone said the boots may not be tight so that was the reason I asked what would happen.

... any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
75 Posts
While the engine is running try spraying a tiny amount of starter fluid around the intakes if the rpms pick up you have loose intakes or a crack.

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,440 Posts
In gear with the clutch pulled and sitting still? The bike really should behave exactly the same as it does in neutral.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts