Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay i am in process of writing some software for recording laptimes, for friends trackdays & race meets, etc via laptop, and someone pushing button for each lap

I have had a couple of races contact me, wanting to do this automated.

Any one got any ideas if there are any other software like this about, and what sorta technology the use for this. recording this.

There are transponders, but some races in nz don't use this, and well there is problems is different transponders per race etc.

I was thinking something along lines of rftag or simlar.

Any ideas of suggestions?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Racers laptimes.

Fugitive, i am a computer guy, i just wanting to know what else is used around the world. i have a couple of ideas, of things to use.

·
Registered
34,392 Posts
Well XT has software now that uses laser to download all laptimes stored on the lap timer unit to the PC. I can shoot you a copy of the software if you'd like.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah that be sweet. chrisOH (click on my msn link, and fire it off to that email address)

saying that thats a bit more advance as what i be wantin got go at moment, what we are thinking off is setting something onlaptop beside track with some sorta device which will record, when bike passes a certain spot, using some sorta radio/laser device.

·
.............OG
37,640 Posts
Cajun said:
Yeah that be sweet. chrisOH (click on my msn link, and fire it off to that email address)

saying that thats a bit more advance as what i be wantin got go at moment, what we are thinking off is setting something onlaptop beside track with some sorta device which will record, when bike passes a certain spot, using some sorta radio/laser device.
that's a lot more than just writing software if you want to have some sort of "device". you're getting into electrical engineering if you want a custom device that will communicate with a laptop to record this information.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah i know a good amount about electrical side, what i don't know my brother knows on that side.

·
Registered
727 Posts
That's getting expensive and complicated unless you use the data aquisition with a lap timer. I know that I can hook into my Mychron 3. Most race clubs use and require some kind of transponder. Maybe check with the people that run scoring and see what's being run. You might get lucky and have a few computer stations hooked up to the scoring system that you could latch onto with a wireless connection if you have the scoring software. I'm not a computer expert but that's exactly the sort of thing that we've been looking at to help communicate between gridding, scoring and announcing so I guess it's possible it's been done elsewhere.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts