Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen before that putting the 750 valve springs in the 1000 because the 1000's were weaker so someone would be safer running a dry shot of NOS. I was wondering if there was anything i could do to my motor i have an 03 600 gixxer to get a little extra H.P. or make it safer for me to run my dry shot or maybe a little more? I'm talking cheap too because if these mods are more than 500 or 600 i will just do the 1000 motor swap but i would be pushing it with insurance, not sure if i have to tell them i switched motors.

Any info would be apprecaited.

Mike

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
Someone else can chime in on this, but I am about 100% sure that if you do the motor swap the bike is still insured as a 600.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Someone else can chime in on this, but I am about 100% sure that if you do the motor swap the bike is still insured as a 600.
i think you are correct because they usually check the vin number, not the number on the motor case. i think swap to a 1000 motor is the best mod. a sleeper

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I probably should have just asked the question about the swap. I have been looking lately at ebay. Which motor would be my best best to swap into the 03 600 frame? What else would i need? I know i need the CDI box and the gauges and exhaust but is there anything else ? I think this would be awesome , just wanted to make sure that my Insurance would cover my bike if i wrecked it. \
\Mike

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I probably should have just asked the question about the swap. I have been looking lately at ebay. Which motor would be my best best to swap into the 03 600 frame? What else would i need? I know i need the CDI box and the gauges and exhaust but is there anything else ? I think this would be awesome , just wanted to make sure that my Insurance would cover my bike if i wrecked it. \
\Mike
wiring harness, and motor mounting bracket kit and here is the link
http://www.hybridracing.ca/Products/Custom.asp
call and tell jon that long send you and he can hook you up.

·
Registered
479 Posts
like i just said in another thread, 600 to 1000 conv = TONS of power that is VERY UNDER suspended! ok for a sleeper dragracer, but bad for twisties and the road! you could get 1000 suspension and it will still register as a 600. as long as you keep the 600 frame, it will register as one.

·
Registered
121 Posts
ya they go by frame number not engine number. have you thought about just going to a 750 engine since you already have nitrous. im thinking of doing a 750 swap on my nitroused 600.

·
Registered
116 Posts
they will insure the bike, but as a 600 so if you wreck in you only get the money for the cost of a 600. they just wont pay you for any modifications, like the 1500 dollars to upgrade it.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Drop 500 in head work and pick up true motor hp with it. I did a 1k swap for a buddy this spring.......its okay, but he needed a lot of stuff to make it happen, got pricey.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah i have been thinking about this 1000 swap and i only weigh 140 lbs so i'm thinking that would be too much power for me. I'll probably just keep what i have, too much work that into putting that 1000 swap and i know how things go and it usually ends up costing 2 times as much as you orignially planned.

Mike

·
Registered
951 Posts
Well if you used a 01-02 motor you wouldn't need much more. But the other ones you need lots of the electric components, even a ignition.

All and all either do the usual mod's or just sell it and get a bigger bike.

·
Registered
951 Posts
$350 MPS dry shot .....works like a champ on my bike. 30 minute to put on, its a snap.

·
Registered
121 Posts
i dont know about you other guys but i didnt want to trust the stock ecu with the nitrous so i also added an mps fast fi controller.

·
Registered
66 Posts
DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO WITH THE SWAP........... you won't regret it. i did mine last year in june after trashing the 600. it cost $1800 for the whole swap..... this includes parts i had to buy twice cuz the first engine kit wasn't all there...........
anywho....... the swap isn't bad at all........just buy the mounts from Jon at www.hybridracing.ca and toss the sucker in there
if you want more info on how to feel free to PM me. i'll give you my email and i'll go over everything with you. you can also talk with jon....his email is [email protected]

here is a pic of my bike after the swap and a lot of other work
1k motor, 750 swinger, gilles rearsets-chain adjusters-lifters, crg levers(not in pic), dual fan radiator, tre, powerder coated black everything, and sneaky stock exhaust can so everyone thinks its a stocker.......lots more stuff but don't want to rattle on

DO THE SWAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( ITS PHUGGIN AMAZING)

·
Registered
66 Posts
ohh........and yes you can insure it as a 600--------goes by the VIN on the frame

as far as the coments about electronics.......not true.....my swap is out of an 03 1k......all plugged right in (harness, motor, and ecu from same bike----make sure they match)

·
Registered
121 Posts
how does that telefonica handle after the swap cause i know that 1000 add a bit of weight.

·
Registered
407 Posts
If you're concerned about handling you just have to readjust the suspension. Reset the sag, dampening, etc. It really shouldn't handle any worse. It will be harder to lean over at high rpm due to the extra mass spinning around in the engine, but that would be it. No different than a regular 1000. Just a little smaller.

·
Banned
6,053 Posts
i did the swap also. i paid $800 for the motor, harness, ECU, radiator, and oil cooler. then i shaved the frame slightly on teh front mounts and slid it right up in there. i made my own motor mounts for the front and the rear mounts bolted right up. i also put on a new chain and sprocket set to bring up the gear ratio some. right now im sitting at 15/42 and its STRONG. from start to finish it took aobut 1.5 days and and went together pretty easily. the hardst part was taking it all apart and remembering where it all went. ive been riding it for about 3 months and havent had any problems.

·
Registered
66 Posts
how does that telefonica handle after the swap cause i know that 1000 add a bit of weight.
sorry on the delay, been busy

the handling, i think is better. changed the feel of the front forks a bit, but all i had to do is raise them about 1/4 inch and all was good.

installed the 750 swinger and shock, little small tweaks and everything is cool.

seems to dive in better with the extra mass where it is

1 - 20 of 33 Posts