Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2k 600, This just started this week
but when i pull up to a stop light or pull in the clutch at low speeds my bike dies, the rpms go low then the bike dies like its not getting any fuel. This is happening about 50% of the time. I have turned up my idle to around 1500rpm's but it is still happening...Dirty Carbs?
?? Thanks in advance
Ron

·
Registered
181 Posts
The pilot circuit in one or more of your carbs is clogged. Go ahead and clean out your carbs, and then reassemble (noting the settings of the a/f mixture screws as before). Then it should run fine.

Good luck.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Did you leave your bike in storage for a while without draining the carbs? Starting with fuel tank breather tube and fuel filter work your way down to the carbs. I'd check carb balance. If the bike is jetted, than it might have something to do with that. Go through every possible check before stripping the carbs (hoses, coils, spark plugs, air filter etc.) If the bike has not been stored for a long time then you might catch the fault during these checks without having to strip the carbs as it could be anything ranging from valve clearance to clogged airfilter that could affect the engine's running at low rpm. If you didn't store the bike then you might not have to strip the carbs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts