Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a silly question I have here. I have the SM for the K7 GSXR 750... Is there really any difference between that one and the one for the K7 GSXR 600?
Been trying to find a service manual for my K7 600, but every link I've gone to has it labeled as the 600, but as soon as I look at the cover of the manual and dig into it, it's for the K7 750.
Just asking before I start tearing into my latest engine/throttle issue I'm having and testing. Want to make sure the information is the same is all.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,639 Posts
I have the K6 600 manual. Is it the same as K7?
517 pages, December 2005, pn 99500-35100-01E

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the K6 600 manual. Is it the same as K7?
517 pages, December 2005, pn 99500-35100-01E
Not sure, myself. I've been trying to find the K7 600 manual. I can't imagine too much has changed in testing parameters on the TP, STP, STVA between the 3, but just wanted to make sure first. Ya know?

Been having a throttle issue after the bike warms up a bit and been ridden. It stutters at low RPMs, even sitting at the light at an idle RPM speed. It stutters and sometimes a slight pop is heard in the exhaust header, sometimes not. A shop mechanic and owner I've known since I was little said it could be one of my TPS's isn't operating properly. So was going to check them, just didn't want to tear in and find that the reading specs in the manuals weren't what they should be for my K7 600 vs the others...

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,639 Posts
This says that K6/K7 600 use the same manual. They list it as 527 pages. So possibly some additional pages were added for K7. They did something like that for the K6 1000 manual. But the extra pages were generally a waste of paper.

Suzuki also used to make a "New Model Technical Update Seminar Manual" every year. They have interesting information and drawings not found in the service manuals, but only for the first year of the two year cycle. I have the 2006 manual and there's about 20 pages of 600/750 info. I don't have the 2007 manual but would expect it to have almost no 600/750 info. Here's one.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This says that K6/K7 600 use the same manual. They list it as 527 pages. So possibly some additional pages were added for K7. They did something like that for the K6 1000 manual. But the extra pages were generally a waste of paper.

Suzuki also used to make a "New Model Technical Update Seminar Manual" every year. They have interesting information and drawings not found in the service manuals, but only for the first year of the two year cycle. I have the 2006 manual and there's about 20 pages of 600/750 info. I don't have the 2007 manual but would expect it to have almost no 600/750 info. Here's one.

Cool, never knew those existed... Would your SM happen to be a pdf, or an actual book? If it's a PDF, can I bum a copy of it off of you? lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts