Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had a flat couple of days ago, and come to find out there was two industrial size staples in there pretty good.so for a piece of mind i decided to replaced my rear tire.to make a long story short ,tire is on , and wheel is on now and bike is on stand but when i roll the rear wheel i'm not sure if i'm hearing a strange noise it the rear axle..is there supposed to be aslight noise from the rear bearings and some chain noise or not???????????

·
Registered
25 Posts
i had a flat couple of days ago, and come to find out there was two industrial size staples in there pretty good.so for a piece of mind i decided to replaced my rear tire.to make a long story short ,tire is on , and wheel is on now and bike is on stand but when i roll the rear wheel i'm not sure if i'm hearing a strange noise it the rear axle..is there supposed to be aslight noise from the rear bearings and some chain noise or not???????????
You should be able to hear the clicking of the chain depending on how lubed it is, and some rubbing noises to certain extent, but if it spins freely it should be fine. If not, it could be not enough grease on the axle or bearings/ worn out Axle or bearings.

·
Super Moderator
14,940 Posts
You should be able to hear the clicking of the chain depending on how lubed it is, and some rubbing noises to certain extent, but if it spins freely it should be fine. If not, it could be not enough grease on the axle or bearings/ worn out Axle or bearings.
I'm pretty sure he got this sorted out some time 10 years ago. :thumbup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
9 Participants
MacBayne
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing