Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 97 750 gsxr, and there is 1 plug that i cant figure out where goes, it has a orange with white stripe and light green wire, 2 wire connector. it says it plugs to silenoid valve, i just cant figure out where that is. can someone point me in the right direction. i rebuilt the motor on the bike and now i'm getting no fire to the plugs to start it, and this is the only connector not plugged in, according to a wiring diagram it has something to do with ign box and fuel, so i assume thats why it wont fire. any help would be appreciated. thanks. roy

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
There are two solenoid valves, both placed on the back of the carbs. they are black and cyclindrical, about 1½" long, placed near vertically. There should be two plugs, a black and a white, but I can't remember off the top of my head which one goes to which valve. They control extra air induced into the carbs.

They don't have any direct connection to the ignition system but maybe the CDI cuts off the ignition when there's a fault in the system (like that plug not being connected)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts