Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's what I figured, but won't it get pushed down by the fork when I brake hard?

[ 11-24-2001: Message edited by: God ]</p>

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
If you have inverted forks (and you should) it will not do this. Rayder.. a Sigma is a little bicycle computer you can put on your bike to use as a speedo if you've changed gearing on your bike (bikes without the front wheel speedo cable). It measures top speed, distance, average speed etc. Love mine.

·
Premium Member
17,154 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by rayder:
what's a SIgma?<hr></blockquote>

sigma is a bicycle computer(did speedo)

what you can do is tube the wires, ger yourself some rubber or plastic tubbing and be done with it (even color matching the bike)

·
.............OG
37,640 Posts
Rayder: you've been on the site this long and you haven't heard anybody talking about the sigma bicycle computer yet???

maybe i'll go outside and take pictures of how mine is setup to answer some of your questions.

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
i don't have an add on speedo on the gixxer, but I thought I would my $.02

I have had several bicycles with speedos. The wires always got in the way. Eventualy I changed my mounting methods. I use to use zip ties. But the suck at holding the small gage wires. I use clear electrical tape to run the wires. I route the wire up the fork, across the brake cable, and to the bars. Then I run the clear electrical tape over the wire. I run the tape with the wire. At the ends I use electical ties to prevent the tape from coming lose and peeling back. And the ties work as a back up incase the tape comes lose. With the tape, you can usualy position the wires so they dont hit anything.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I secured the wires the best I could w/ leaving extra slack for the suspension and things were fine for a bit. But last night I found that they rub on the rotors!
Any suggestions on what to do to keep it from happening again?

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Had the same prob. Just ge a littl zip tie on the fork tube about 2-3 inches up from the sensor. I run the wire loose the rest of the way up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts