Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys
Just fitted a sigma computer to my 91 1100M. What wheel size gives the most accurate reading. I have standard wheels and would like it to read in Km's. Thanx, By the way I'm kinda new at all this superbike shit so I wonder what the f*ck is this TRE everybody seems to have

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
As far as wheel size you have 17in rims, that is fine, can't get good rubber for any other sizes. As far as the TRE it stands for Timing Retard Eliminantor. Not something us oil-coolers need to wory about. As far as being new to this stuff welcome to the world of gixxers.
Take a look a the post I did here about my project that will give you some insight as to the kind of insanity that lives here.
-Karl

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
If you read the Sigma owners manual you'll find that you can enter the precise wheel size. It hink on that computer it's a roll-out measurement rather than a radius mesurement. To have it be accurate, mark your tire side wall with a piece of chalk. Then mark the ground directly under that tire mark (I assume you know I mean for you to mark the bottom to the tire as it meets the ground) Now get on the bike and have someone push you until that tire mark goes one complete revoulution. Now mark the sidwalk again. Now measure the distance between the marks...Ta-da!!That's your true rolling circumferance. Anal people do it ten times or so, and take the average. (not I...)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts