Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im putting a 2001 gsxr 1000 into a f1 road race sidecar and need to build a race harness out of the stock harness has any body got a wiring diagram and what restors to use in place of side stand switch egc.
thanks baldy

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,716 Posts
There are wiring diagrams at the back of the K1/K2 service manual. However the K1 E3 and E24 diagrams are flawed in that a 1/2" (or whatever) vertical section is missing that involves the wiring to the front harness connector and to the left handlebar switch. I've fixed them but want someone to proof them before generally releasing them. This is more than a quick "look's OK" but instead confirming that the corrected diagram agrees with the actual harness in the affected areas. Download the manual with the flawed diagrams. If, after reviewing them, you're willing to proof one or more corrected diagrams, send me a PM with what version you have.

The sidestand switch is commonly just jumpered but the wiring diagram shows a diode in the switch to only allow a short in one direction. I use a 1N4006 for that purpose but I think that anything from a 1N4003 up should be OK.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts