Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I have an issue with the loom on my 750K, the connector that holds the side stand diode has been damaged beyond repair.
The parts list doesnt list look connectors as purchase-able items - any ideas welcome.

Many thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
You can by pass that switch aswell unless you want the safety interlock to keep working im sure there's a replacement part for that harness,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Another option is to buy a new socket and plug connector, diode to suit, crimp them , then epoxy it that's what I would do , another is to see if there's a part number on the connecting harness call up Suzuki and see if they can source it on the part catalogue?

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
8,902 Posts
When I read the first post I thought that this was going to be easy but I don't recognize the connector. Can you tell us some more? Specifically:

This is a 2 pole connector, right? It's hard to tell but in your first pic, it almost looks like there are 3 poles. Or am I seeing remnants of the diode?
I gather that the end where the wires were was somehow trashed, leaving chewed up plastic and partially exposed terminals where they crimp onto the wires. Is that correct?
Is the black end, which I gather is what is inserted, separable from the white body?
If the black end comes off, could you take some pics of it disassembled?
Do you have an end-on picture?
Do you have a picture of the mating connector?

Following Shelgsxr's comment, if you must, you could buy both connectors as used on later years and install them. Bypassing is generally a poor idea.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all - I manage to make a PC power supply molex connector work in the end.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts