Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Gsxr 750 and it turns on fine and idles good but every time I give it throttle it turns off can some one help with this

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
find a service manual, go to the troubleshooting section, search for your issue, it will systematically walk you through the steps to isolate the culprit..

·
Premium Member
73,373 Posts
When it shuts off, what happens? Do you get an FI light on the dash? Or does it just say "chec"?

You need to give us a lot more info if you want us to diagnose it online.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 2007 Gsxr 750 and it turns on fine and idles good but every time I give it throttle it turns off can some one help with this
When it shuts off, what happens? Do you get an FI light on the dash? Or does it just say "chec"?

You need to give us a lot more info if you want us to diagnose it online.
Ok well the last time I used the bike I ran out of gas and from that day since it has worked.
Ok I can turn the bike on and it will idle. But as soon as i give it throttle it starts to sound like it’s drowning. I have checked the gas pump and it works fine. Removed gas lines to see if they are clogged and they are fine I don’t know how to check the throttle body tho

·
Premium Member
73,373 Posts
Ok well the last time I used the bike I ran out of gas and from that day since it has worked.
Ok I can turn the bike on and it will idle. But as soon as i give it throttle it starts to sound like it’s drowning. I have checked the gas pump and it works fine. Removed gas lines to see if they are clogged and they are fine I don’t know how to check the throttle body tho
1. You didn't answer my question about what it says on the dash when the bike dies.

2. What were the results of the fuel flow test, since you say the gas pump works fine?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It’s says FI but the bike has said that since I bought it. And I don’t know I had taken it to get checked by a so called mechanic and they did that want the problem and I don’t want to take it to the dealership

·
Premium Member
73,373 Posts
It’s says FI but the bike has said that since I bought it. And I don’t know I had taken it to get checked by a so called mechanic and they did that want the problem and I don’t want to take it to the dealership
Ok, so you need to put the bike in dealer mode while the FI light is on and see what code(s) the ECU is throwing. Do a search, there are many threads on how to put the bike into dealer mode.

The fuel flow test procesure is described in the factory service manual, as well as the parameters for the results. It involves taking out the pump, putting it in a fuel container, hooking it up to a 12v power supply, and measuring how much fuel it flows during a certain amount of time. I want to say 160ml/10sec is what you want, but I could be off. Been a while since I have had to do one.

·
Premium Member
73,373 Posts
Chec means the ecu isn't communicating. By any chance is the kickstand down while the bike is in gear?

·
Premium Member
73,373 Posts
Ok, well that is what is causing the "chec" on the dash. The c00 FI code indicates no fault, but the line next to it should be in the middle. If it isn't you most likely have a TPS issue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, well that is what is causing the "chec" on the dash. The c00 FI code indicates no fault, but the line next to it should be in the middle. If it isn't you most likely have a TPS issue.
No the like was at the top not the middle

·
Premium Member
73,373 Posts
Ok, so you need to adjust your TPS so the line is in the middle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The tps is in the middle but still did the same and the code still reads C00 does anyone else have a idea of what it could be

1 - 16 of 16 Posts