Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking for storage/bike tie-down/sleeping/air conditioning/tool set-up ideas, etc for my enclosed race trailer. Just your typical 16'x7' v-nose style. Wanted to see what the inside of your trailers look like so I could steal some cool ideas. Would also like to hear what things you've found that work well and what doesn't. Thank you. Show pics!!!

And you rich guys with the gorgeous motor homes and huge trailers, don't rub it in!!! This is only for us basic enclosed trailer guys.

·
Ditchard the High Maintenance Squirrel
60,366 Posts
:lol

Well damn, i am proud of the trailer setup in my Toy Hauler...i worked on hard on it.

But i guess you ruined my fun with your last sentence. :(

:D

·
60,366 Posts
I have seen lots of setups like the one you are working on. Best advice i can give you is to invest in some Pit Bull Trailer Restraint Systems (STG sells ém).

I have 3 of them in the toy hauler and they are excellent. Not only are they easy and simply to use, but they free up A LOT of room that would be taken up by chocks and straps. Not to mention they allow you to haul your bike without the suspension being compressed all the time.

Other than that, most people use blow-up mattresses on the floor after the bikes are removed. But i have also seen some beds that fold up against the wall.

Seen some TV/DVD combo's mounted against the walls also.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the tips...Much appreciated.
What do guys do about air conditioning if anything? I plan on sleeping in mine too and sometimes it gets brutally hot here.

Ok ok TOEJAM, now I'm curious...let's see the toy hauler

·
60,366 Posts
:D

I dont have any pictures with me, ill have to get em off my phone.

·
meep meep
16,486 Posts
Here is my trailer, it just a small 6x12. It fits 2 bikes, and everything else i need. All the walls and ceiling are insulated for the AC. Tool chest is kind of overkill since everyone has tools as well. I will be putting my 3000i generator there and stuff a pit bike as well for this year. I clean everything out of it and put in inflatable bed to sleep in at night with AC on.

NJRacer has a really nice setup that i would like to have one day.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
7x16 vnose. The board that is not painted up front drops down so I have easy access to everything and then back up so nothing can fall off.. A lot of room up there...

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
90% completed. Need to work on mounting the paddock stands & spare tire. Also thinking about a TV for watching laps between sessions.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
9 Participants
David Stutz
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing