Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No way!

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a k5 AE 750 a month or so ago for like 10,200 OTD. It's an awesome bike and I LOVE it but I am wondering if I ought not sell it and go with a 600 for the sheer fact of savings.... Or maybe I'd lose my ass on this 750 and it'd not be worth it at all... what would you do?

·
Mightiest Sorcerer of the Lands a.k.a. Rhinocerous
22,048 Posts
It's ok too admit it's more bike than you may be ready for.

Don't sell it unless you can afford to lose your shirt on it.
You will NEVER come close to getting that OTD price back on a private sale, especially if you've ridden it.
Good luck.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
but it is a limited model, I've seen a few for sale here, More than what I paid new for mine.... if the demand is ther, you might get a good deal.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Man I have a friend who has been on the list for ever. You had a hell of a grab, think you should keep it.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really love the bike so that's not the issue. The issue really is the money. I financed $4k on it so thats what I owe. Not a big deal really but if I sold it for say 9k I could pay off the loan, pick up an 03 or 04 600 for $5k or so and then not have a payment. Thats really the thought here....

I may just cruise this one for the season then sell it off prime time next spring and make the change then. Or who knows I may just keep her! She's a classic beauty

thanks for the input so far guys and gals!

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
believe it or not, if your not worried about the money - the 750 totally feels like a 6 for about half the rpm's. If you never really get on her you'll hardly even notice a difference. Its when you start ripping on her do you notice the extra pull and torque. Now the 1k, thats a different issue

reguardless your going to loose on the deal ;(

send me the rotors and I'll send you my stock ones

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hella views but only 12 votes:
2 - for sure
10 - no way

as of now I'll be keeping the 750

·
Registered
30 Posts
I personally would keep it, unless you do not mind throwing money away, i am not much of one to talk my 05 750 is my third brand new bike in three years (03 R1, 04 600rr, 05 GSXR750), if you like the bike keep it, it is better to pay on a bike that is new, unabused and properly maintained than run the risk of getting too little for the 05 750 and overpaying for someones hard ridden 03-04 600, plus you will eventually want more as we all do at some point then you will be kicking yourself in the butt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts