Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I broke my collarbone earlier this week will riding my trackbike (04 636) at VIR and now it pains me to see the 05 just sit there looking so lonely. I know it's "only" going to be 6-8 weeks before I can ride again but I'm feeling kinda funky about riding bikes PERIOD right now. I know there are plenty of folks still waiting for their bikes to be delivered and I've ridden this bike for over 1,000 miles so I can truly understand what all the hype is about but I'm just a lil upset that I can't ride it! I've already "blessed" it with a kickstand "tipover" while it was sitting on a hill (minor scratches to fairing and tail) so I was ready to do a trackday with it and everything! Now it sits bone stock while all my aftermarket parts are starting to arrive at the house and I don't even wanna install them to tease myself more! Then again, maybe I should stop bitching, and have this thing all tricked out by the time I'm able to ride again? What do u guys think? Sell or sit?

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
This is how you feel today..................tomorrow could be a completely different story. Give yourself a little time to mull over it a bit before you decide on junking the best sportbike of this decade.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True... She's still sittin with 60 day temp tags so I'll have to dig into my pocket to register her and I hate spending when I can't reap the immediate results. At this point, I don't want to register her, add aftermarket goodies, or even touch up the little scratches. I'm just pissed, I guess!

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
6-8 weeks for a collarbone? c'mon, i was on the racetrack sooner than that and riding the street bike within a month and i had a 2 inch sheetrock screw pinning my collarbone to my shoulder.

bottom line--don't sell it, you'll feel a lot better sooner than you think

·
Premium Member
73,384 Posts
cannon wrote: What do u guys think? Sell or sit?
I think this thread should be deleted.....you're whinning
+1

your collarbone is nothing, it will be healed much quicker than 6-8 weeks if you do the right things. keep the bike, and enjoy it when you heal.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
I did my collarbone last year. Ridingon teh street. Totally weird accident coming to a stop for a red. Makes no sense. freaked me to think that something can happen like that while just stopping. Imagine what can happen when at serious speed.

I healed up, got a new helmet, have a wicked ass scar from the friction burn and took some licks. Lasy year was shitty. Lots fo dramam but I'm back at it with a level head and more skills/slower speeds.

Keep the bike and you'll be itching to ride once it gets real warm out and the bike sits there mocking you.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Wait it out trust me. The first one always makes you want to give it up. Wait it out a few weeks and you'll be fine. I know I was.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I broke my collar bone to was riding shortly after but it took longer to heal because i was a dumb ass but I had to get back on after i brake mine but do what makes you happy id think about it for a while

·
Registered
432 Posts
Dont sell, you will regret it the second you do and for years to come!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts