Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting the new forks on my 88 1100. Should I change the stem bearings and races or just clean and re grease the one's I have, If I should change them where is a good place to buy them.

·
Premium Member
5,455 Posts
I always replace the bearings and races as a set. It's kind of like the new chain, worn sprocket analogy. So, I'd replace it all...

JR

·
Registered
181 Posts
replace them, the cups and cones are a matched pair. The bearings you need, assuming we are talking about std GSXR bearings are 32005X and 32006X. Available at any 1/2 pye decent bearing dealer.

·
Premium Member
6,964 Posts
I've cleaned old "known good" stem bearings with solvent then repacked them and had NO problems for years.....Just inspect them for pitting/flat spots or any abnormal looking wear first...

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
I know it's not the 'right' thing to do, but I have re-used lower bearings with new races. A lot of the lower races I have seen are pitted but the bearing rollers and inner race look good.

·
Premium Member
1,884 Posts
You may as well change them, they arent expensive and it an easy job, especially if it is already apart. Your not in a rush, we have 3 more months of winter left. :cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts