Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Friday we set up the pits. With just a chance of light rain in the forecast, I left the bike outside tied to the canopy. About 3:30pm I realized this mistake, when they started issuing tornado watches. By 4:30 I was watching the clouds spin above my office, and then all hell broke loose. Hail so deep I was driving through a foot and a half of water/hail/debris to get home, tornado warnings right over the track (with reports of inch hail possible and 60mph winds), etc. We drove back out there to rescue the bike, which was fortunately ok but wet.

Ok, Saturday morning... I was hoping to get some practice time in, plus some one on one with another rider. He was home with the flu and strep throat, and it wound up raining for most of Saturday, so the bike stayed in the trailer. Of course as luck would have it, the rain stopped near the end of our day. At that point I pulled the bike back out and tied everything down for the night, after putting in a new battery since mine was toast. We all had beers and got some dinner.

Sunday morning ... I had just finished safety wiring the front caliper pins, and went to start the bike to warm it up a little so I could ride it over to tech. Well, I had put the rear wheel in gear apparently the night before. Clutch safety switch has long been disabled on this bike. Hit the start button, the bike bounced, and my canopy (still tied to the bike) bent inward. The strap had been pulled into the wheel and brake assembly, instantly jamming itself in there. After a brief attempt with a rubber mallet and screwdriver to get it out, I noticed that it had cracked apart the rear brake caliper mount tab. So that ended my entire day in about 2 seconds.

Fleshy didn't race. The other Skinny (Alan) did good, I am not quite sure about his results but he either did 3rd or 4th place in his last race on Sunday (was in third before he ran off, came back in to 4th place, and we think he re-took third right before crossing the line).

If anyone has a rear caliper that will fit an 01 GSXR600, please let me know. I will need to purchase another one now...

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
If anyone has a rear caliper that will fit an 01 GSXR600, please let me know. I will need to purchase another one now...
I'm pretty sure I have one. $50 shipped sound good?

·
Premium Member
4,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Shortest race report ever. (and anyone got a rear brk ca

Sounds good to me adam, shoot me your paypal address please. thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

You have mail!

If you can't get it here by the end of the week (it'd prolly have to ship today) please don't ship it until 6/17, as I will be gone all next week and don't want it sitting on the front porch unattended. thanks!

·
Registered
9,968 Posts

shipped today, will be there on Friday

·
Premium Member
4,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thanks! You da man! (despite what fever says ... but we can't trust him anyway...)

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts

My weekend sucked bad. Pops had heart problems and was in the hospital for 4 days

Almost did a bypass surgery but they seemed to have got the clots out.

Haven't been able to even look at my bike for 2 weeks to try and get this fuel problem hammered out. This year just sucks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts