Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've decided not to ride on the road anymore and I am in the process of making my bike strictly track oriented (track days and maybe club racing next year).

I need advice/suggestions in regard to shortening the subframe (more crash worthly). Do you recommend an aftermarket subframe or just hacking the OEM subframe?

Also, what do you use for an undertail and battery box? Where do I place the Pwr Commander on a bike without an undertail? Do I velcro it to the inside of the tail section and what if it rains?

What companies do you recommend and where can there products be purchased?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
what bike bro?

food for thought....some people cut off the back of the subframe, but then it is no longer SS legal. Drill some holes in it for "break points" instead.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
01 GSX-R750

In regard to drilling the subframe, I never thought of that. Thanks

Any suggestions on the undertail & battery box?

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
01 GSX-R750

In regard to drilling the subframe, I never thought of that. Thanks

Any suggestions on the undertail & battery box?
trim it up and keep it stock!

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
i have one shotened, needs one of the tabs welded back on, ill sell to you cheap.

it saves the frame when it goes down.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
CCS wise, if you cut the subframe from a previous Supersport bike but DONT plan on racing just practicing can they do anything to stop you? I want to do that and modify the PAIR system away from the airbox. Again not racing Sunday's just practicing on Sat's.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
do they ley you run practice without signing up to race now?

ccs you can race a cut subframe supersport, wera is a bit touchy on it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts