Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please post link where I can order the Short Yoshi Japan Slip on for my K5....

Im from South Africa and the shops here wanna swop it for my house

Thanks

PS - Looks like the system Comeback showed but only the Slip on...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hehe - I'm in Johannesburg bro and I feel your pain - I'm going with a Two Brothers titanium slip-on which will go on with filter and Power Commander after 1000km service - have done 650km to date.

If you are in Johannesburg perhaps try the guys at Megabike - I was there on the weekend to look at an SV650 for my girlfriend. They carry Yoshi and the dude working there has just fitted a system to his K5.

Otherwise try KCR?

See you at The Bridge!

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Ask COMEBACK. I think he said he had to contact Yosh Japan directly to get a hold of it.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
theres one on ebay right now for a pretty good deal... and by pretty good deal i mean $1,400, for a slip on

·
Registered
422 Posts
Try www.dndracing.co.uk The guy there, Nick supplied mine. Don't give him a hard time on exchange rates cause he doesn't normally ship abroad. I paid £445. But he should be able to deduct VAT on an overseas sale. I don't have a clue what that works out to in your currency but add another £30 or £40 for shipping. They are the dogs danglies

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
theres one on ebay right now for a pretty good deal... and by pretty good deal i mean $1,400, for a slip on
Thanks but one I can see in ebay is some special limited edition for Suzuki Gb by Yoshi and 1400 is way to much..

Here the TRC Titanium and Stubby Stainless Steel are the same price......

I dont wanna buy the TRC ....so I want a place where I acn order the Stubby from Japan for the same price as the TRC.....must be possible since dealers sell them for the same price 4500 (exchange rate $ 1 - R 6.6)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Try www.dndracing.co.uk The guy there, Nick supplied mine. Don't give him a hard time on exchange rates cause he doesn't normally ship abroad. I paid £445.
thats still nearly $1,000 american... thats just insane for a slip on, my brain can't even grasp the concept of paying that much money for a slip on pipe... i'm really not a fan of yosh at all, in my opinion their affordable stuff is cheap and crappy, and their cool stuff is unjustifiably expensive and hard to come by

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
let me guess, you like Akrapovic, well I will take my yosh japan parts anyday. After all, they mainly test on Suzuki I had an Akrapovic evolution on my R1. Nice, but not for Suzukis. I really like Arrow exhausts. They make really nice affordable systems. If you want the Yosh Japan parts, you have to pay $$$$. But then you have some special parts that a select few have. you will not find a Yosh japan part for the same price in American $. If you do, something is wrong. There slip ons normally run the same price as an American full system. If you are going to go slip-on, go american, full system, then go Arrow or Yosh Japan.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just out of curiosity why does everyone seem to leave out Ti-Force, Arata, and Leo Vince 3 of the best exhaust made. I have had experience with yosh and was very disapointed. In my honest opinion Yosh makes several very good quality systems that A. dont make equivilant power as other brands, and B are not of the quality of other brands (not saying yosh is cheap) but for the green one lays down on a GOOD QUALITY Yosh system you can have any other brand plus a little cash in the pocket with the same power output (and in some cases more) and just as good or better quality. I personally had a full RS-3 stainless full system on my gsxr 750 and was not happy with it at all... upgraded to a Leo Vince that was outstanding. And currently have a Ti-force on my K1. Ti-Force in my opinion is the best bang for your buck... However if you are looking for rare and pricey.... Yosh would be the best bet. No disrespect to any brand, just stating my personal opinion and nothing more.

Anyway back to the question, why does everyone leave out those three brands?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Back here in Merry England, we are shafted whatever make we buy, so £425 for a slip-on is not that bad. When I was on Hols in Florida 18 months ago I bought a full Yoshi system for £357, and carried it home as hand luggage. The quality of the Jap Yoshi is streets ahead of the system I bought in the states though.

Mark

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm after a Yoshi exhaust hanger for my K5. I've just got a Tri Cone slip on and need to lose the pillion footrests.
Any info would be appreciated?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
let me guess, you like Akrapovic
actually i don't really care for akra either, if i'm going to spend that much money on a system i want to make a little noise too, unless you get the EVO II akras usually sound like a yosh zyclone bolt on can, but powerwise they are proven, even on suzukis, so i don't see how you can argue with that

for my money it would have to be ti force, i absolutely loved my arata but everytime i blink the price has gone up

·
Premium Member
11,910 Posts
Guys, if the Yoshi is the dogs bollocks then why are they running Arrow systems on the WSB Corona bikes? Surely if the Arrow is cheaper it is the better buy?
And not even Yoshimura-USA runs these exhausts....... all about looks I guess.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts