1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how are you guys dealing with the short gear ratio cassete on this bike
i mean first 4 gears run out and your already around 8000 dont like it

my r1m i can hit 60 in second and i am not even revving it

this reminds me of my 14 zx10r which was remedied with the new 16 zx10r where you have a long drive in each gear

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just a heads up and it makes sense with what my experiences
r1m f/r 16/41
16 zx10r 17/39
17 gsxr1000r now look how high 17/45

thats why i am running out of gear

just placed an order for 43 teeth rear sprocket

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
uhhh wut?

Granted my 14 zx10r w 1000rpm increase stock gearing did 160 in 3rd....

I like my factory gearing on this..
160 in 3rd? What's it top out at?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I responded and my post disappeared?

Idk top speed. It’s gesred to the moon tho, especially when I didnthe +1000rpm. The gsxr I like geeeing but I’ve only rode it once. Stuck apart since I sent the Hindle exhaust back just now

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
I am thinking about this set up. What didn't you like about this? I use the bike for street riding and some occasional casual streetracing..
The bike has so much mid range that lower gearing was not needed at that specific track. I could barley keep the front wheel on the ground with 17/45 and traction setting 4.

If I was riding the bike on the street I would keep stock gearing. The bike has so much power you really don't need any more bottom end grunt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am thinking about this set up. What didn't you like about this? I use the bike for street riding and some occasional casual streetracing..
The bike has so much mid range that lower gearing was not needed at that specific track. I could barley keep the front wheel on the ground with 17/45 and traction setting 4.

If I was riding the bike on the street I would keep stock gearing. The bike has so much power you really don't need any more bottom end grunt.
Thanks for the tip. I got the Yoshi full system and Sprint filter and suffered some low end (6000 rpm) powerloss so I hoped this would be something nice next to the flash/tune I'm getting soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was right, see Brian Vanns latest video he went down to 41 on the rear and up one on the front
i knew it, compared to my zx10rr and r1m it was too short
Just watched the video. Indeed, as adviced, he goes 4 down (to 41) in the back but he also goes 1 down (to 16) in the front. According to gearingcommander (I had L7/L8 gearing uploaded) that give the bike more top end...

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
I have fitted an 18t front sprocket for a 2500mile trip through France, at 100mph which is about the quickest you can run on the Autoroutes without the Gendarmes taking notice, it is now revving at 6750 a drop of about 350 - 400 revs. The north of France is flat and a lot of straight roads so the Autoroutes gets you down to the southern twisties close to the Alps on about 3 tanks of fuel at least it did on my 2015 gsxr .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts