Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to know if anyone has this combo and why they chose it? I'm looking at Pazzo levers right now and I'm trying to decide between short levers or short/long levers... I'm definetly getting the short brake lever, but I'm still trying to decide on if I should get a long or short clutch lever. Anyone that wants to chime in please let me know. I always ride with 2 fingers on my brake so the short brake is great for me but sometimes the clutch is a toughy. Anyone with Pazzo levers please let me know if the clutch is easy to squeeae or if 2 fingers is too hard to use on it. I'm not huge on going to the track yet, but that's definitely in the future for me so thats also something to consider.

·
Premium Member
18,689 Posts
the only people i recommend the long clutch to are those who like the looks of it, have hand problems, ride in rush hour traffic, or have an upgraded clutch so it's pretty hard to pull in. W/O those most people are happy with shorties for both. I will say that out of 30 levers about 1 or 2 sets are long and 1 set are the long clutch/shortie brake. about 27/28 out of 30 are shorties.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thats what I wanted to hear... i'm big on looks of my bike and I didn't think that long/short combo would look good. Thx motomummy... here is my money :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Already ordered them :) Black with yellow ...gonna make my bike look sick

·
Premium Member
3,300 Posts
palutz59 said:
Already ordered them :) Black with yellow ...gonna make my bike look sick
BLack and Gold I just ordered them today as well :cheers

·
Premium Member
3,300 Posts
I will for sure.. hey Corey, do you know where I can get a lowering kit for an 07 675

·
Premium Member
3,300 Posts
Not for the 675... not that we could find.. even the dealer didn't know where to get one

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What does lowering a bike really do for it? Is it a necessary mod for the track but something I can skip for the street or is this recommended as well?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Lowering will make the handling worse with a slower turn in etc. It is only good for shorter riders (ugh how long do you really plan on being at a stop to where it is worth losing handling ability?) and drag racing to keep the front end down/put more power to the ground.

·
Ditchard the High Maintenance Squirrel
60,366 Posts
palutz59 said:
What does lowering a bike really do
Make it closer to the ground.

:D

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I just ordered the short brake, long clutch combo in red with black because of the same reasons mentioned above from motomummy. I typically get stuck in traffic when I commute home from work so I wanted to longer clutch so that my fingers dont' feel like they are going to fall off when I finally get home.

Once I get them in and installed I'll post some pics up here.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.