Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife took my daughter for a ride in the bicycle trailer so I spent some time getting my fingers dirty. My intent was to see what kind of strength my hands/wrists have...about 50% of normal without being in tendon pain.

But I was able to remove almost all of the bent or broken parts. I'll put an * after each part I already have.

HERE'S THE LIST OF PARTS I BROKE...

Fairing upper*, wind screen, headlight cover*, mids, seat cowl, gas tank*, gas tank mounting bracket
mirrors, upper fairing brace
left clip-on, left controls* (horn/brights pod), grip, bar end
part of AP brake/master cylinder
Speedometer*, Tachometer*, mounting bracket*
Battery
Brake light, rear turn signals, plate light
Hindle exhaust elbow (the pipe between the header and the can)
Exhaust can hanger

and worst of all...the entire rear subframe

Anyone have a frame they will let me cut in half?

Maybe I can score a donor on ebay.

[ 09-30-2002, 02:50 PM: Message edited by: Simon Orttan ]

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Mr Gixxer:
are you really going to fix it up?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'm not in a hurry to get greasy but, yes. I still need to take the valve cover off to make sure I didn't drop a valve or break the cam chain or who knows if the motor is toast. Assuming the motor is fine and I can find a frame, I'm planning to get it back on the road someday. I may not be the one riding it, but I want to get it running again.

oh, and it looks like this now...

[ 09-29-2002, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: Simon Orttan ]

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Great to hear that you had a look at it! Sorry but I do not have any parts that you listed I do have a complete Hindle exaust for a 91-92 1100 but that is different than yours. If it will work let me know.
Bones

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Hey Simon,

I have an OE speedo that came from an `89 that shows something between 30 and 40K on the odo. It's not part of a bracket and no tach to go with it, but I do have the speedo-drive and cable. I figure you'll prolly be able to score the gage assy with speedo and tach together, but lemme know if you want/can use just the 2nd-gen speedo.

·
Premium Member
4,513 Posts
I do have 2 86 750 gixxers that i am going to combine to make 1 so any parts i have i will be sure to let you know.

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts
I have a top triple tree and a set of clip ons for a 91-92 750,Let me know if you can use these [email protected]

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the offers folks, but I'll clarify the list of parts I'll be looking for...

wind screen
mid-fairing panels
seat cowl
gas tank mounting bracket
mirrors
upper fairing brace
Brake light
Hindle exhaust elbow (the pipe between the header and the can)

and worst of all...the entire rear subframe

once I get my hospital bill settled I'll be happy to pay a fair price for stuff.

Here's my wish list of other items...

Oberon Engineering (UK company) Stainless Steel bar ends
Rearsets from Mr Gixxer's machinist friend
Woodcraft clip-ons
Beasley Fiberglass LTD solo seat cowl
and a nice blue & white paint job because it's faster than red.

·
Registered
461 Posts
the guy I bought my motor off of has an 85 750 frame, a windscreen, fairing stay, 37mm flatslides, guages.
hell, he has everything but the motor.

I can PM you his email address, if you want.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Simon,

My buddy who used to race these back when they were current told me that Yosh and the other teams made the sub-frames removeable to aid in quickly repairing wadded race bikes. It involves welding some tabs onto the mounting points of the main frame to make the male portion of the connection and cutting and drilling the now female sub frame to allow for mounting bolts.

Bottom line, you don't have to throw away your frame just because you twisted the subframe. All you need is for somebody to hack off a good subfame from a trashed double loop.

I'm thinking about doing it to mine while I've got it apart just to make things easier if I manage to total it a 3rd time.

I've got some stock 87 1100 parts that are on your list. PM me if you are interested.

·
Banned
982 Posts
Simon,I feel Kinda shitty for talking the Shit!
So...I'm gonna Donate Some Body Parts!!!!
No...Not two New Wrist,Ya Numb Nutz!!

I have a Frame I can Cut in Half!!!
Also......I'd Like to Fix Your Body work for You!
I think It would Be great advertisement to Repair That Mess!!!!

Let Me Read Through that list again...I probably have everything except for Clocks,and That Pipe(well,I might have that Pipe!!!)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a used speedo/tach assy. off of a GSXR750, not limited. I can't remember if the instruments were different. If they will work, just e-mail me @ [email protected] bellsouth.net I might have some rearsets and other stuff, gotta do some digging

1 - 17 of 17 Posts