Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Professional Baby Maker
17,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who else things Shogun got robbed?

He shouldn't have left it up to the judges but he controlled that fight I thought and he won at least 3 rounds for sure.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Machida is definitely my favorite fighter in the UFC, but in all honesty, that fight should've gone to Shogun. I don't know how they scored that fight, but I think for sure that Rua got robbed. I was cheering Machida the whole way, but I knew he was gonna lose...up until the judges scored in favor of Machida?! wtf!

·
...just like sex with Shane
12,047 Posts
+1 on the fight going to Shogun. He should've won the decision. They are basically already scheduling the rematch. . .that's saying something about who should've won right there. Netx time, Machida destroys Shogun in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
That fight was as close to a draw as you'll ever see. It looked like Machida was fighting to "not lose" if that makes sense but Shogun didn't do enough to win. I was pretty bored.

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
That fight was as close to a draw as you'll ever see. It looked like Machida was fighting to "not lose" if that makes sense but Shogun didn't do enough to win. I was pretty bored.

sadly that is getting common. Especially by current champs. historically it took a definite win to take a championship by decision...... so champs fought to not lose basically. Maybe they are trying to get away from that. Rather than the challenger having to prove he is better, the champ has to prove he is still worthy. Which is better, I dont know :dunno

·
Registered
793 Posts
If it had been a non-title fight I would agree that Rua should have gotten the nod, but to take the belt from the champ .. he didn't quite do enough. Maybe if he had scored a knockdown, but from just those leg kicks ..hell na!
Its good to finally see the real shogun in the UFC

·
Registered
72 Posts
Shogun was robbed plain and simple. Rua's gameplan was solid and he poked huge holes in Machida's style. Machida is mostly a counter striker, he runs most of the round then catches people coming in or waits for a lull in the action the throws a flurry.

Rua ring agression, more strikes total, more head strikes, more leg kicks, more power shots. Rua also outstruck Machida nearly 2 to 1. That takes the belt home almost anywhere.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
If it had been a non-title fight I would agree that Rua should have gotten the nod, but to take the belt from the champ .. he didn't quite do enough. Maybe if he had scored a knockdown, but from just those leg kicks ..hell na!
Its good to finally see the real shogun in the UFC

+1

Joe Rogan said something exactly like this. To take the DECISION from a TITLE fight against an UNDEFEATED champion, the fight must be UNDISPUTABLY in your favor.

·
Registered
6,084 Posts
I wanted to see Machida win, but not that way. Rua was DEFINATELY the more aggressive fighter. Do I think he got robbed? Yes I do. I would like to know what the judges saw in Lyoto that made them decide the way they did. He was not aggressive, did not demonstrate octagon control, I just did not see him winning that fight. I was VERY suprised.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts