Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all is it a rebuildable shock? Not all are. It also would help to know what year/model gixxer you are riding. To check, look at the bottom of the shock body inside of the spring where the piston enters. If there are two slots or pin-hole marks, or if you can see the threads on the edge where it goes into the body then you have a rebuildable shock.

I had my shock rebuilt by White Brothers (contact at www.whitebros.com or at (714) 692-3404) and they were fast and affordable. It roughly cost $150 for seal kit, oil, recharging, labor & shipping.

You could also try Lindemann Engineering ( www.le-suspension.com or (408) 371-6151) they also have a very good reputation.

Yet another option is Traxion Dynamics but I don't have any contact info and a google seach came up empty.

If you intended to just get it recharged, consider why it needs it...because the seals leak. Seal kits are pretty cheap and it is worth it to have a qualified person do the rebuild. It may save you money in the long run.

[ 08-08-2002, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: Simon Orttan ]

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Lindeman does all my forks. They just finished the 1000 forks that I am putting on my 90 come winter. They have the 94 750 forks for my 88 now and did the 93 forks that they are replacing. they also did the forks and shock on my CR500. The only one that they have not done is the rear on my 88 and 90 and that is only because I have a Ohlins on the 90 and a Fox on the 88.
Bones

·
Registered
99 Posts
my rear on my 90 needs to get recharged(bobbing-no dampening) no external leaks I heard some people just get them recharged(180psi)w/o much problems afterward, prices i got was $20-30, member here said she pd.$8, I dont want to spend much on #2 bike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanx guys, the shock is out of a 93 gixxer 750 and yeah there is two pinholes in the bottom of the cylinder so I know it can be dismantled, the stealer says suzuki doesn't make a rebuilt kit for it so I was kinda worried, but I am sure a place like WB or lindman would have the necessary o-rings/ seals, I will contact them to be sure, the reason for the rebuild/charge is that i bought it used w/the resivior removed (ie no fluid) so I would assume it would be safer to have it taken apart and looked at anyways, its going in my Bandit as soon as its done.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I need a rear shock recharged and possibly rebiult, anyone have any idea where I might go to have this done, I have called multiple local hydraulic shops and my local Stealer but nobody has any idea, any suggestions? (besides buying aftermarket)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts