Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
check this out . so I take the bike out for a lunch whirl
after a quick mcy D's stop. I hit some roads went to G-boro.
and cut down highway 220 doing 100+ all the way down
I get off at a exit bout five -ten miles down. this area has lots of straight two lane roads. I figure no one will care if I try some 1st gear pop ups. right.?

so I'm on a few straight aways and, pop it up a few times.
But I wanna try to raise the wheel without clutching it up right.?? I slow on down to around 35-40 stand up a bit, I got it up to 7000 or so and crank it back... woah up it came.??
A little high...A little toooo high.!!! I don't really know how to ease it back down yet and it kinda lunged as i snapped the throttle closed .??
I'm like woah I DID it YESSSS. then I hear a popping noise and abruptly run over something. as soon as it hit the ground. I'm like WTF.?!?I look behind me sure as sh#$ theres something silver looking in the road.
so I stop I don't know it it came off my bike. I know I did'nt see anything in the road ahead.
I stop soon as I can I'm inspecting the bike like ... whats missing.??
the best way to find out I ride back and take a look.

and there to my disgusted face is my shock reservoir
. in the road it had some road rash on it but intact. lucky as hell I did'nt have some road rash and a rashed up bike I only had it mounted by 1 bolt and the mounting bracket is made from plastic. It failed not the mounting. now the line is broke and theres brake fluid on the rear swingarm. how would I go about refilling it back up with fluid with no air.?? I know where to get it filled with nitrogen again but how can I get fluid back in it.??

·
Registered
278 Posts
U can replace it with a 2000 GSXR shock, stiffer ride, but studier. Feels good and looks good. I had one on my girls bike but had to take it off cause she's so short and I couldn't lower the bike enough with that shock.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you still got it or not
is there a way to bleed this one out. what kind of oil do I put in it. if so how do I get the air out of it.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how much blue.?
will I have to do anything to get it to fit.??

·
Registered
278 Posts
I got everything you need bro. 30.00 on ebay? Yea its a possibility, I check ebay every other on GSXR 89-92 parts. Since January I've seen 3 and they went for over 50.00 but thats was rare. Just hit me up this weekend. We'll be cooking out on Saturday and working on a few bikes, so bring it on the trailer we can do it without unloading the mule.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sounds great but I am a little short for cash right now sry.
whats the charge.?
yeah one went last night it was a 1100 shock for 35.00.
thiw one is a zx11 shock its fully adjustable thats why I was wanting to fix it. theres nothing wrong with it.
a guy from suzuki told me how I could fix it I got the line fixed already just need some fork oil to go in it.he also said i'd hve to get it charged with nitrogen.
and hey i'd just ride it cause I got no trailer to haul anything on.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no phone with long distance sry
but the bikes ridable.!

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got some tech help from a suzuki shop and yesterday rebuilt my rear shock I must say it works perfect.!!
this time I mounted the resivoir with two huge hose clamps
that'll never happen again thank god..!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts