Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to buy a new shock for my bike and would like to know what kind is best for dragracing???
I have a 6 over arm if it matters

·
Registered
96 Posts
Penske has a nice one for about $750.00 you will have to call them and they will build it to your specs. www.penske.com Fox also makes one but it cost a little more and doesn't offer adjustable ride height option like the Penske.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
I bought a FOX twin-clicker. It has ride height adjustment on it. Maybe the 87 is different? New they are about $600. I bought it off of dragbike.com. A few months ago for $300 shipped

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
we are working hand and hand with works shocks and they are in the process building a line of drag racing shocks that bolt on in place of the stock shock and linkage...the shock will be shorter which will lower the bike and allow the suspension to work properly without the use of real long dog bones or lowering links...we are expecting delivery of the shock within the next two weeks and production should start soon there after...

thanks,
dwayne

·
Registered
96 Posts
MrTris, the 86-87's and maybe 88's have a different setup for the shock linkage than the 89-92's so you can't interchange them. I beleive yours is a 90 and you are correct those years do have the adjustable ride height option. I wish they were all the same it would make things alot easier. GSXR1255Jimmy I'm sure if you called any of the major shock manufacturers (Fox,Hyperpro,Penske) they would make a shock to your specs. BBWATERCOOL any idea how much the shock you guys are working on will sell for?

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
GSXR1340, works ahsn't set a final price but i was told that it would be selling for around 600-700 bucks...very close to fox and alot less expensive than the penske...also keep in mind that the other shock manufacturers are not drag intensive compared to works...i've delt with them all and the engineers at some of the other manufacturers don't have a clue when it comes to setting up the correct valving and spring rate...

dwayne

1 - 8 of 8 Posts