Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,
just had my NSR250 on ebay and some [email protected] from America hit the buy it now button without even contacting me. Anyway i really need the cash and he will cover the shipping but wants me to organise it :hammer .

So has anyone had experience with this kind of stuff? Any recommended shipping companies?

any input appreciated,
cheers, tim:cheers

·
Registered
499 Posts
It will most likely have to go by sea, will take a while.

As far as I know, if you want to try air freight you have to empty all the petrol and oil out, and provide proof that it has all been inert gas purged to get rid of any petrol vapour.

At least that was the story when I looked at sending a bike to the UK a few years ago now.

Good luck.

·
Registered
661 Posts
What a hassle. I just had a set of K6 thousand forks sent over from the states and it cost about $250. At least shipping things from here to the states is cheaper than vice-versa.

Make sure you get your money first!

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
kYE said:
What a hassle. I just had a set of K6 thousand forks sent over from the states and it cost about $250. At least shipping things from here to the states is cheaper than vice-versa.

Make sure you get your money first!
So did I, cost me $98.00 and got them in 4 days from Texas.

·
Registered
661 Posts
$98?? Thru who? I bought Ali's (Jetspeedz) from Texas also and even tho I ended up using my Dads contacts (he works in freight) the quote was still around $250. A strike of luck tho, someone stuffed the paperwork and I didn't have to pay! I've been half waiting for an invoice to arrive in the mail, but its been over a week now! :rolleyes :cool :D

So who did you ship yours thru?

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
USPS

This was the quote for shipping I got from GIXXERCRASHER22 for the fork shipment.

17lbs 11 ounces
32" long
13.5" wide
6.5" tall

USPS:
Economy Mail (4-6 weeks) $40.60

Airmail Parcel Post (4-10 days) $95.10

Global Express Guaranteed (2-3 days) $161.25

Global Express Mail (3-5 days) $99.85

I bought shit loads from the US rebuilding my bike and got it all sent via USPS, didn't pay a cent in tax either.
This info doesn't help the guy trying to ship his bike but it may help guys trying to get gear here cheap and reliably.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I also bought k6 1000 forks ( but it included clipons and tripples so the package was a bit bigger than your dimensions) and put them on my 750. I had them sent by airmail for $180.
Im now looking at geting a whole engine sent over, but theyre talling me $750 shipping with USPS. I would like to no some companies to try for a better price.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
It will cost a heap to send it. Make sure they do not try and scam you. There are a lot of people out there that "buy" stuff, say they will pay via some third party bullshit, you send it and never get the money. Don't send anything until you have the money and know that everything is legit!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.