Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
do those u-shaped clumps down the center indicate that the tire is hopping or chattering?
Ive seen similar,but MUCH worse on a friends turbo Busa...too the point the tire was not safe any longer. Shinko said it was "too much heat during burnout"

The clumps are likely just picked up off the access road.
Joe he is describing the irregular U-shaped wear pattern down the center of the tire(looks like they are spaced 3-4" apart)look closely and you will see two in the center of the tread.

Some people swear by the Shinko's because they are relatively cheap compared to similar tires. Personally I will never run one and spend almost twice the money on a Power One(still available if you look hard) but the P1 dead hooks on both my turbo bikes(Busa has 400+rwhp/ 230+ ft/lbs)

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's my Shinko Hookup after 2 passes on the dyno.
Was with 42 lbs of air. Never saw ant smoke whatsoever.
That thing wa still frying after the pulls.
I think tire was spinning and made those rubber rolls killibf all traction.
2 other friend using the same tire at the track have the same problem.
This one is garbage now. Going back to U-Soft.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
i never had a problem out of my Hook-Up and we ran multiple pulls on the dyno on motor and on nitrous. my bike was 66" with 25psi and the bike weighed about 420lbs and the tuner's weight was about 230lbs. maybe that made the difference :dunno

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's kinda alarming seeing as my buddy was planning on picking up a shinko hookup tomorrow for a stock wheel base k7 1000 lowered front and rear on a 40 dry shot. Any suggestions on a decent drag radial? Something that'll hook on the street. Street has good rubber and VHT almost as good as our local track

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
13 Participants
Denis Matejčić
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing