Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it happened. I bloody fell off in a 40! zone. Just tipped into corner very slightly and the front went so quickly it was unbelievable. There was nothing on the road either.
All the plastics are smashed as well as the can and front wheel. Motor cover is buggered and engine lost all oil. Not happy at all but am fully comp and gear held up well. Thats the NW200 up the spout. I was coming from the direction of the ambulance.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pirelli Dragn Evo Corsa's. In all honesty it was cold tyres but I have done this thousands of times before. Just showed me how easy it is to come off.
Not sure what to do now as there is no way I will be able to insure the bike next year after loosing my no claims. I might get another then trade down to an SV next year as I really liked the one I used to have. £500 excess though!!!!!!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whats the story with insurance. Do I still have no claims till renewal date or will they take me straight down to no claims and charge me from now on?

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
I think it's only come renewal time that they'll increase the premium.

IIRC, after a total loss they make you pay any outstanding premium then cancel the policy, but I could be imagining that.

If I were you, I'd be pricing up the parts myself and comparing against the cost of higher insurance premiums for the next 5 years. Suzuki body work is suprisingly cheap (or it was for the SRADS) and you can do it bit by bit if cash is an issue.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Too late insurance is involved. First thing that popped into my head was "oh shit there go's the Ireland trip" not of fuck my bikes trashed. It was bizzare as I had a fit of the giggles as well. Im standing there with the Police and all I could do was laugh!!!

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
coullstar2 said:
Too late insurance is involved. First thing that popped into my head was "oh shit there go's the Ireland trip" not of fuck my bikes trashed. It was bizzare as I had a fit of the giggles as well. Im standing there with the Police and all I could do was laugh!!!
Ah man that suck. I bet all plod could say was "This is no laughing matter son, you could have been.........bla bla bla"

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The fuzz were really cool actually. They just asked me what happened, breathalised me then asked if I wanted help getting the bike home.

·
Registered
654 Posts
hey coulllstar, sorry to hear about your accident.

I crashed last year and had to do the whole insurance thing. I asked first off all what would happen to my NCB as I didnt want to make myself uninsurable the next year. I lost 2 years NCB and as my bike was a right off I had to start a new policy when I got my new bike. I was paying £450 fully comp for a new GSXR1000, after the accident I went back to 2 years NCB and had to pay £700 which wasnt too bad for the same model of bike. I'm with CIA insurance.

My only advice if invoving insurance is keep phoning them for updates every day or so. I kept a note of every phone call I made and to whom I spoke to as it took a few months to get mine sorted out, although most of the dealy was down to a computer error (so I was told).

Incidentally I damaged my gear when I went down. My bike insurance would'nt cover it so I called my house insurance. They would'nt cover the helmet but were more than willing to send me a cheque to cover replacing leathers and boots.

Anyway hope it goes smoothly and I get to see you blasting along the Alyth road some time

webbie

ps: cops round our way are generally OK. My buddies a cop and he crashed his SV a few years ago 1 mile from the house on cold tyres

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cheers for the info. Im with Highway through H&R, Better not take a few months as we have Donnington in July. If I miss that I will be mighty pissed off as I am almost defientlely going to miss NW200.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I would just like to say thanks to you guys for not doubting my accident. I posted in the general bike talk section where the septics seem to think I was arsing about doing wheelies going 100mph and lying to the Police. They all seem to be experts on crashes for some reason. I normally give people the benefit of the doubt but they can all go and fuck themselves. Arrogant cocks thinking they no better as usual. No wonder nobody likes them.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
coullstar2 said:
Well I would just like to say thanks to you guys for not doubting my accident. I posted in the general bike talk section where the septics seem to think I was arsing about doing wheelies going 100mph and lying to the Police. They all seem to be experts on crashes for some reason. I normally give people the benefit of the doubt but they can all go and fuck themselves. Arrogant cocks thinking they no better as usual. No wonder nobody likes them.
I didn't read your post in GBT but for fucks sakes anyone who rides a bike long enough is going to fall off it eventually. This is why we wear gear and have insurance. I once lost the front end pf my Z1000 going through a lefthander at half the speed I would've normally taken it for no apparent reason. Shit happens. There are a lot of people on this site that love to flame people for all sorts of shit that they themselves also do so just ignore them.

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
i saw your post in gbt , its a culture thing , they dont understand , you fall off in the states and you just get up and shoot the bike and buy another
jeez you need to lose an arm or a leg to get compassion off em

it isnt about bikes its about entertainment for them, why they are soooo suspicious i just dont know

i did like chips fucktard tho
.....good word

watch bowling for columbine.you'll probably understand them better

insurance sucks...glad your getting sorted mate

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
i saw your post in gbt , its a culture thing , they dont understand , you fall off in the states and you just get up and shoot the bike and buy another
jeez you need to lose an arm or a leg to get compassion off em

it isnt about bikes its about entertainment for them, why they are soooo suspicious i just dont know

i did like chips fucktard tho
.....good word

watch bowling for columbine.you'll probably understand them better

insurance sucks...glad your getting sorted mate

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I fucking work for a yank company as well so have deal with good old texas boys all the time.
Did turn into a good post though.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well the insurance company just picked up the bike but I got a letter from them this morning saying that the insurance company had declared a total loss without eveb seeing the bike.

Can they do this?

·
Registered
654 Posts
funny that.....

my insurance company phoned to arrange to have the bike collected and taken away for repairs before the assessor had even seen it.
after I told them it might be beyond repair they arranged for the assessor to come and see it. He in turn said it was a write off after looking at it for 2 seconds. He went away and contacted a vehicle breakers to collect my bike and he also reported back to my insurance company who them made me a small offer.

I had to then prove to the insurance company it was worth more than they were offering, which wasnt difficult.

If I were you I'd phone the insurance company tommorrow and ask whats going on. It may just be a mix up but either your bike is away for repair or if it is a total loss they will offer you a settlement. Your insurance company are certainly quick off the mark in getting things rolling. My insurance company took months to assess and subsequently pay out, at least yours is moving along quickly and you could be back on the road soon.

good luck and keep us posted

1 - 20 of 30 Posts