Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i know this might sound so stupid put could someone help me out and tell me what is there normal shift points for there gixxer 600. I just got my bike last week and for some reason i cant get my bike over 90 mph so can someone please tell me the rpm shift points for each gear.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sounds like there is another problem with your SRAD then just learning to shift. My 600 can easily exceed 90MPH even with a low RPM start and in top gear.

To answer your question, you don't have to take a "running" start at 90MPH. I normally shift at about 10k-11k rpm when driving aggressively and shift at 8k-9k in normal driving. That being said anything over 4000-5000 rpm would be okay.

Sound like you may have to tune a little bit or have someone check your air/fuel ratios if you aren't getting high rpms or top speed.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat???

your bike wont go over 90??? maybe i'm reading it wrong, you mean 90 in 1st gear?

okay i guess i shift like a pussy but i shift from 3-5k when riding normally.

if i'm getting on the freeway, its 7-9k

·
Registered
221 Posts
On a blast I shift just before redline (13k) and when in town I don't shift much because I like the noise it makes on the overrun from 8-9k in first or second

Seriously though, you'd know if you had a problem like that, I would've thought it be a pretty obvious problem to if you can't get above 90 on a 600.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts